TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default What's right with TrailManor?

Well, I went to the RV show in Denver today, and got to see the new 2922, in two of the three floorplans. Very impressive! We purchased our 2417, in part, due to the king bed. That, and it is narrower for use on 4wd roads. The 2922 will be our next TM, if we ever decide to trade-up. King bed, all the way!

But, I also talked to the dealer (The Car Show, from Colorado Springs) about improvements made this year to all models. Happily, Bob, the owner of TM, was there also, and he got under one of the slide units to show me an improvement they made to the slide-motor.

Between all of them (dealership owners and TM owner), I got a very good showing of improvements, and a definite commitment to improving the TM product when they find a way to do it. I think TM is in good hands.

Some of the improvements I can recall: nearly-flush-mount door handles, instead of a knob on each side of the entry door. Now, you can have your hands full, but if you have a finger available, you can get into the trailer. No knob to twist.

A contoured block next to the doorway, so when you are stowing the door for travel, it doesn't slop around and mar the woodwork on the left side (as looking in from outside) of the doorway.

Slide motor with a release pin, for the times when the battery dies and you have no juice to move the slide. Now, it is a quick pin-pull, and the motor swings away from the drive mechanism, so you can push it closed, or pull it open.

There were more improvements, but I don't recall them at the moment. Bottom-line is, TM is continuing to improve their product. I hope they sell enough units to keep making units. After looking at other travel trailers of similar length at the show, TMs are priced lower for what you get, in my opinion. The only TT units with more room inside were units with slides, so that is not a fair comparison. Those were pricier, also. Plus, a TT comparable to the 2720 weighed 4988 lbs from the factory, vs. 3000 lbs for the 2720. Add in the loss of fuel economy from the high profile, and the additional wear-and-tear on the engine and tranny of the TV, and the TM makes much more sense.

That's my take on what's right with TrailManor! Happy Camping.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
drumcorp

I've been looking at TM's for several years and plan to buy my first unit soon. Will be attending the Springfield MA RV Show and taking a real good look at the model they have, hopefully its the 2720SD or SL. I keep hearing good things about TM's but if anyone can add on to waht I should really look for good and bad, the comments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

At the Springfield show, the exhibiting dealer will be MCD Corp on Cape Cod (West Yarmouth). Get to know them. I don't know if Dana is still part of the business, but the family does a great job with their customers. Along with The Car Show in Colo Springs, and Custom RV in Anaheim, they seem to be one of the Big Three among TM dealers as reflected by years of buyer comments on this Forum.

Check their web site, too.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
gerrym51

i live in springfield mass and will be going to the show. although i am interested
in 2922 sl couch they do not have that.

i would take a chance but my better half will not unless she sees touches etc.

they always seem to have the wrong models at the springfield show.

ps i looked at their stock they have one 2720 slide model. i believe on a slide model the dealers can interchange the dinette and couch. i suggest you contact them and have them set it for whatever slide model your interested in
Old 01-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There are several other New England RV shows this time of year. We got our first TM from MCD at the Providence Show. There is another in Manchester NH, and one in Portland, Maine. Boston has a big one, of course. And if you are in central Mass, you might find an upstate NY show easier. You get the idea - check around. An RV show is a great place to touch and feel - and save some money on a "show special".

Bill.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
gerrym51

i corresponded with MDC. they will have a 2922 and 2720 at show