TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
manorlife
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by namklg View Post
I tried to order one... they are out of stock at RVPlus.
Now, looking for one locally.
forget it... I tried getting one from the US and spent days searching the net for someone that has it... I purchased the last one from RVplus only for them to tell me that they through the last one out because the parts were so badly damaged. if you find one let us know.
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #22
namklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Good luck. I tried a few years ago with no luck. Check out what was in the kit, should not be hard to get the pieces.

Bob
Thanks! I think I will use a few of the ideas presented and then figure out how to make one!

karen
Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
manorlife
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by namklg View Post
Thanks! I think I will use a few of the ideas presented and then figure out how to make one!

karen
Karen...you will definatly find most of the parts at your local home depot. However you will not be able to find two crucial parts. The flange that is screwed to the toilet base is unique and the vent that is drilled through the TM. You could substitute an elbow turned facing the ground for the vent... just be sure that the elbow you use is the right size not to interfear with the top half that folds down over the lower base of the TM... here is the place I purchased from just in case it doesn't work out for you.

The place is in Great Britan... These people are super and William (owner) worked hard to change his web site to accomodate buyers in the USA. additionally, you don't pay thier tax (VAT) which is a bonus. http://www.bradtech.ltd.uk/products/...it-T05223.html
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
rumbleweed

I have collected all the pieces to add a vent to mine and will do it when the weather warms up.
I found that a 1.25" pvc fits snugly into the vent hole once you pop out the plastic cap. The existing cap and plug on mine just press in. I plan to have a short piece of 1.25 pvc going into the vent hole, the other end will have a 90 degree angle to go out thru the side of the TM. Make sure the short piece of pvc is short enough to allow the bed to slide forward for closing. I have a marine 1.25" Thru-Hull fitting (see photo) that will mount in the side of the TM ( Large flange outside) . The flange on the fitting is thin enough that the shells can close with out interference. I then have a length of 1.25" corrugated plastic hose that will fit into the exterior flange opening and will attach to the top edge of the rear shell with a small clip. You can add a simple vent cap or fancy vacuum cap on the top end. For short trips or cool weather when the windows are not open I plan to eliminate the vent hose. Unless you get a very hard sideways rain, no significant water should enter the side vent and even if it does, it will go into the toilet. . I think the total cost of the parts is under $20. You might want to reposition the flush switch to the other side of the Thetford as it will be close to the vent.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manorlife View Post
The place is in Great Britan... These people are super and William (owner) worked hard to change his web site to accomodate buyers in the USA. additionally, you don't pay thier tax (VAT) which is a bonus. http://www.bradtech.ltd.uk/products/...it-T05223.html
As I told manorlife via PM, I have ordered parts from this place before. Good experience; shipping costs are reasonable coming from Europe, and it got here within a week or so.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #26
namklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
As I told manorlife via PM, I have ordered parts from this place before. Good experience; shipping costs are reasonable coming from Europe, and it got here within a week or so.

Dave
Just ordered, will post pics of the install. Thanks for all the help!
karen
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #27
namklg

Got the kit, but it is a little cool out right now. I think I will wait for some of the new LED lights to come before having an 'install' weekend!
I will post pictures when done.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #28
moaboy

For those of us that just use the Thetford for # 1, I have found a simple cheap trick - I put one of those urinal sanitizers that you find in public or commetcial places in my Thetford. It is a deodorant cake in a plastic triangle. It helps address the odor issue especially when warm and muffles the sound which my kids make fun of. Cheap and easy. Of course it would not work if one used the toilet for more than liquid waste....
Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
... I put one of those urinal sanitizers that you find in public or commetcial places in my Thetford.
Stealing them out of the urinal at the corner bar is probably a bummer ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
moaboy

Bill, I prefer new ones you can buy in a store, but hey, whatever works for you!