TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2023, 05:39 PM   #11
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Mac View Post
Same question here! Saw those when I was dealing with a leaking kitchen drain basket myself - was SO tempted to pick one up. Still very interested. It would make life so much easier under the sink!
Considered one for under the tub when I had cracked J-trap there. But that is now fixed and I hope to Never have to go there again.
I don't know that it would fit under the tub. I would also like to put one in the bathroom but don't think it would fit there either.
jagizzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:05 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

According to their web site, they can be mounted at any angle, including vertically. What is the issue with the fit?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:00 PM   #13
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

I’m also struggling with finding parts to match TM. The plumbing supply place told me they don’t have RV compatible RV drain pipes ((phone call) and sent me to a mobile home supply. Parts coming out of the TM tomorrow and will try again at Menards . Will snake the setup first then if successful will also grab the plumbers putty. Where can I pickup the HepVo dry trap?
DanSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:12 PM   #14
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

This is a bit from the FB post for those that don't participate in both forums. I didn't like the kitchen drain setup. It blocked the inlet for my new water heater, the p-trap was in backwards such that the entire sink drain was always full of water, which I didnt like, and the whole thing was 1 1/4', which I couldn't find anywhere, including on line. So I changed it all and it ended up being quite simple. All 1 1/2" except for the original sink tail piece.

You can see what I considered to be the problem in the first photo. The second photo is the parts laid out, a couple already glued in but you can see them all, but nothing yet hooked up. The final photo is the finished install.

Some things worth mentioning here. The water heater was getting replaced with an on demand, so nothing was in that space for this install. The sink was removed because I did new countertops so I didn't have that to deal with either, and I installed a new bathroom sink and countertop as well, so that space was open.

I think that this can easily be done with the sinks installed but it is going to depend on your plumbing alignment.

The HepVo comes with 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 connectors and it simply hand tightens into place once you have the connectors installed. Slick, easy and effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem copy.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	660.8 KB
ID:	22584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solution copy.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	753.6 KB
ID:	22585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem solved copy.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	556.7 KB
ID:	22586  
Old 09-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSTL
The plumbing supply place told me they don’t have RV compatible RV drain pipes ((phone call) and sent me to a mobile home supply.
Dan -

In household plumbing, the kitchen is done with 1-1/2" pipes, while bathroom plumbing is done with 1-1/4" pipes. In the plumbing area of the hardware store, especially big ones like Home Depot or Lowe's, these are stocked and displayed in separate areas - Kitchen vs Bath. If you look in the wrong area, you won't find what you are looking for.

To the best of my knowledge and experience, TM plumbing follows these conventions. There are no "weird threads" or "weird sizes". It sounds like the guy on the phone at the plumbing supply place had no knowledge of RV plumbing and got panicky when you mentioned it. The call to a mobile home supply place - or to TM - should not be needed.

You'll get the same thing, but pay a little more.

Bill
Old 09-14-2023, 08:16 AM   #16
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

In household plumbing, the kitchen is done with 1-1/2" pipes, while bathroom plumbing is done with 1-1/4" pipes. In the plumbing area of the hardware store, especially big ones like Home Depot or Lowe's, these are stocked and displayed in separate areas - Kitchen vs Bath.
This was not my experience at all. There are two plumbing supply places near me and both said that the 1 1/4 parts are no longer available. Same at Lowe’s and HD. Nor was I able to find the parts online. A couple were available but not enough to make my repairs.

No idea why they would be available in one area and not another but weirder things have happened.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:30 PM   #17
Bill
Site Team

I'm confused. I go to homedepot.com, put "bathroom sink drain fittings" in the Search box, and most of what comes up is 1-1/4 inch. I'll admit that having two different sizes never made sense to me, but I put it down as smaller parts for smaller spaces. And you are being told that 1-1/4 inch fittings are no longer made? It's apparent that I have something to learn here.

I'll find a time to make a tour of HD or Lowes and see if I can figure out what is going on. But first we have to get through this incoming hurricane / tropical storm / whatever. Since I live across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, I may need fittings even larger than 1-1/2 inch. A wild ride, as they say.

Bill
Old 09-15-2023, 05:26 PM   #18
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm confused. I go to homedepot.com, put "bathroom sink drain fittings" in the Search box, and most of what comes up is 1-1/4 inch. I'll admit that having two different sizes never made sense to me, but I put it down as smaller parts for smaller spaces. And you are being told that 1-1/4 inch fittings are no longer made? It's apparent that I have something to learn here.

I'll find a time to make a tour of HD or Lowes and see if I can figure out what is going on. But first we have to get through this incoming hurricane / tropical storm / whatever. Since I live across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, I may need fittings even larger than 1-1/2 inch. A wild ride, as they say.

Bill

I was actually able to find 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 at my local Ace (St Louis area) and big box stores, just had a really hard time with connections -particularly to the sink. Also the joining TM drain pipes had strange notches not found on standard pipes or the local Ace pipes and, with additional fitting issue, decided to silicone all which I now see wasn’t very wise. At this point the leak is about gone and will either use Oatey or rescue tape until I get the time to fix it right.

Bill hope the storm stays away or has no impact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk