TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #11
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

On a side note, the original plumbing is Uponor PEX. When I go to the site, this seems like a very professional and reliable system. Certainly more reliable than Sharkbite connectors. The catch is, Uponor can only be installed by professionals.

Our local Home Depot in Canada has a similar system, but I have no idea how good it is. As for Sharkbite, I had to use a length of my own PEX, but when I had cut the pipe too short I tried to remove the Sharkbite fitting. The inner sleeve came out with the pipe and I had to cut the pipe free from the nylon sleeve. So, Sharkbite isn't always easy, but I'm sure it's every bit good enough for the water pressures we're supplying the trailer.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:47 AM   #12
Unclebumble
Site Sponsor

Default Kitchen Plumbing

I am new to this, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong here. I just bought a 2720SL and so far, I love it. It does have a few issues that need tending to. Not the least of which is that the faucet in the kitchen ( and the bathroom) need to be replaced. It seems they were allowed to freeze and they burst. That said, I was giggling as I read the reply about breaking your arms to get to clips and such. I have been looking at the sinks....thinking HOW in the world do you even get to those faucets? I saw mention of lifting the sink. So, is that the proper method to get to the faucet? And if so, can anyone give me some hints that will make it easier...?? UncleBumble
2006 Trialmanor 2720 SL
Unclebumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You should also have seen a reference to a basin wrench, or a similar wrench called a crow foot (crow's foot) wrench. As soon as you see a picture of them, you will understand how they might help.

For the kitchen sink, anyway, remove the doors and the center stile before you even try to get under there.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #14
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

First of all, if that is a picture of your tow vehicle and TM, you really need to get yourself a weight distributing hitch. It will properly solve the sagging in the rear end.

As for the faucet, the best way to remove it is to remove the sink. But, get yourself the flexible supply lines and fittings to do the modification. This way, you can get the sink installed much more easily. Don't worry about getting the sink clips back in all the original places, such as the back left corner. My sink held nicely on our last trip even with the back left corner left unclipped. Just put a clip along the back and side as far as you can reach.

If you have capable children or know some one with slender arms, this could make some of the steps easier.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
If you have capable children or know some one with slender arms, this could make some of the steps easier.
Or if you know someone with a wrist and two elbows in one arm, it can help.

Also, flexible lines are a great idea. When you install them, be sure the entire line slopes downward as you bend them into shape, with no low spots to trap water.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #16
Unclebumble
Site Sponsor

OK on the weight distribution hitch. I actually noticed the sag and was thinking about that. I will add that to my "list". So, pulling the sink is the way to access the faucet, right? I will look into the modifications mentioned here and get prepared to do those so that when I do pull the sink, I can do those as well. Thanks for the replies and insight. Now that winter is here, maybe I can get more time to browse the blog. Certainly enjoy reading it. Unclebumble
2006 Trialmanor 2720 SL
Unclebumble is offline   Reply With Quote