TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
mrosspa

Default Gray water tank

I don't need a gauge for the fresh water tank, because I can look at it.

Has anyone installed a guage for the grey water tank, or is there any way to add an additional tank for more grey water capacity? One frustration was never quite knowing how much water was in the the grey water system.

Along the same lines, is there anyway to increase the capacity of the black water system?

I've a 1997 2619.

We just got back from a week of dry camping at a National Forest Campground. We'll be doing more dry camping and I'm planning on how to add more capacity for the fresh water system. Adding more capacity for the black and grey water would be nice.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

My TM has a gray water tank monitor on the same panel as the battery and fresh water monitors. Perhaps the older TM's don't.

But an easy way to determine how much water is in the gray tank is simply by measuring what you put in it. For example, once you empty your 20 gallon fresh water, you have 20 gallons in your gray tank, unless you dump water out the door, use the outdoor shower, or dump water from another source down your drain.

There was a member here who installed a fair amount of 4" or 6" PVC pipe on the underside of the TM to increase capacity, but he had a 3023 or 3124 and thus had more room on the underside. Additionally, I think he only gained about 5 gallons, which is not alot of gray water. He added it for additional black water capacity.

If you are dry camping and really out in the sticks, you might consider getting a cap for your dump valve that has a garden hose fitting on it. Screw on a garden hose that you don't (and won't) use for anything else, and drain a bit away from your camper. In California, I believe it's against the law to do this (so many things are illegal in California), but since it's just soapy water and food grime, I really wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure you don't dump anywhere near anyone else, or near yourself for that matter. Food grime can attract insects, vermin, and bears.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote