TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #1
Spirwin

Default No water from faucets

I have a problem. When I connect to city water no water comes out of my kitchen faucet or my bathroom faucets. I have a 2619 trail manor. It is a 2004 model. I really have had very little trouble with this camper but the water system quit working about four years ago. Of course the toilet works fine, it is a self-contained unit. I never use the hot water heater so not having city water really isn’t that big of a deal. I drink bottled water and to wash dishes I just bring a bucket of water and set it in the sink. It would however be nice to have running water. We are considering camping more and this would be convenient.

So I plan to troubleshoot this issue with more vigor this weekend. Why would water not come out of the sink? I do clean the little screen where the water exits the faucit. So I know that is not a problem.

Why would a sink simply stop working? My sink faucet does not have a sprayer. I would assume you just open up the valve and the pressure of the water squirts through the faucet. What would cause this to fail?

I am a bit baffled.
If anyone has any advice on a fix for this situation without replacing the faucet I would greatly appreciate it. As far as I know none of the sinks work. The kitchen faucet does not flow. The bathroom faucet does not flow. They shower does not flow. And the outdoor faucets do not flow.

Water also does not flow from the holding tank to any of the Faucets.

Scott
Spirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Scott -

First, it is not a faucet problem, since several faucets are dry. Don't replace any faucets.

To be sure I understand, you are using pressurized city water, meaning you ran a hose from a spigot on the house to the city water inlet (garden hose connector) on the TM. This means the onboard water tank and the pump are not involved, which eliminates a lot of possibilities. There aren't many things that can cause a complete loss.

Forgive my asking, but are you sure you turned on the water at the spigot on the house?

Try this. Put a couple inches of water in the TM's fresh water tank. Turn on the pump. Do you get water now? If yes, it means that the problem lies between the city water inlet and the output side of the water pump. If no (meaning you don't get water from either source), then the problem lies beyond the output side of the water pump.

Also try this. Under the TM, forward of the left tire, there are two drain hoses hanging down. Turn on both of these drain hoses, and then turn on the house spigot. You should get a lot of water out of one of the drain hoses. Do you?

Idea if you get water via the pump, but not via the garden hose inlet: At the garden hose inlet on the TM, there is a one-way valve. It is supposed to allow water to flow into the TM's water system, but not allow it to flow the other way (TM water system back into the hose). It is possible that this valve has failed, and doesn't allow flow either way. This diagram may help with understanding.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=435

Let us know, and we'll take the next steps. It almost sounds like someone installed a shutoff valve in the water system, though I can't imagine why.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Do all of the things that Bill suggests.

Make sure the electric water heater is turned off. Yes, my 2004 has one. It can only be turned on when there is water in the heater, or it will burn out and may cause "hot skin". The small black switch is under a pipe in the lower left side of the outside of the water heater, behind the cover. If it's been in one position for a long time, it may be stuck. Spraying some contact cleaner in there might help, I just forced mine.

Make sure all of the faucets are off. It's easy to flood the Trailmanor if the water starts working, and it will probably ruin the carpet and its underlayment and set you on a flooring project. I've been there. It's worthwhile to go in and look at both sinks whenever you change something.

To make sure you have water pressure where the hose is connected at the city water flange on the side of the Trailmanor, just loosen it a bit. Water should be spraying out. Now, tighten it again.

Now, if you have a dinette model: go inside and pick up the street-side couch seat and put it aside. I don't know where things are on the non-dinette model, but you can figure out where the city water flange's inside would be.

You should be able to see the inside of the water flange, and tubing coming from it. Visually inspect it for obvious stuff like its not being connected. Look for kinks in the tubing. I had a kink from the tank fill inlet that made it impossible to fill the water tank for boondocking. You should be able to tell that there is water pressure in the tubing just by giving it a squeeze between two fingers. If there isn't, maybe it's that one-way valve Bill was talking about.

Now, go under the kitchen cabinet and loosen the water outlet connection on the front of the water heater. Water should spray out. Tighten it again.

Once you figure out the problem, you are going to have to sanitize your water system. If it's been left for 4 years, algae has probably grown and then rotted. Etc. The instructions for sanitizing are in the Trailmanor manual, which you can find online if you don't have one. Be careful to use plain bleach, not scented! The ingredients should only be water and 5% sodium hypochlorite.