TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

Default Advice/opinions, needed, plz!

Dw and i made a trip today to look at a tm a 03 3124ks, got to say, alot more room than the tm-23 we have now. It is at a rv dealer and the price is right,it is a (as is sell), not a problem but at the selling price they do not want to do a pre-sell going over or even a cleaning up,got the feeling they do not think much of our little baby's,they even ask if we could show the service dept. How to put down if we buy,
of course they had called before we even got home,told her they would, we let the salesman know that we do not mind the sale being the way it is , but i do beleive they need to at least let us know if the ac and the fridge work?
Over all good shape inside and out,lots of upgrade options,still has all the manuals and paper work with it, no leaks or water stains,15 inch wheels.
I guess what i am asking is there anything quirky about this model that i need to be aware of, we found out over the last few wks that we have 2 more grandkids on the way, so we are needing a little more room,
plz all help will be welcome in helping the dw and i in our decision.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations on the little ones coming. One fellow has even figured our how to create a bunk bed over the sofa.

I have an 07 3124 ks and the only thing quirky I think of is that in ours the cabinet next to the fridge is so deep it is harder to open and close the curtain. Not too hard for Tom at 6 ft but I am much shorter so I usually have to use a step stool. This cabinet holds a lot of stuff...but like I said I am short with short arms and I packed clothing there once...and found it hard to reach. We once had to replace a screw in a drawer glide all the way at the rear of that cabinet. We did find a way to do it.

One day I may get around to putting in those slide our drawers like Bill has.

I noticed on this years model of the 3124 ks the counter is flush and does not jut out like in mine.

The bath is the same in all of them. You will have much more storage in the rear storage and the inside storage under the bed.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
ng2951

I think I would be reluctant with a pre-sell go over. There are several items that could be big bucks if they are not right.