TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
Expanderoo

Default Shower curtain clips

So the new-to-us 2007 3124KB came with heavy vinyl attached to the folding shower walls. Well, it was originally attached with Velcro but that had started to fail. A previous owner also added a grab bar (maybe this standard equipment) but put this vinyl shower curtain behind the grab bar and also behind a show head holder they added to the upper right rear wall of the shower.

Based on prior threads here, I get where they were going with this but I wanted to redo this because of the failing Velcro (and just how heavy the vinyl material was).

I'm a big fan of the inexpensive shower curtain liners from Ikea. That said, these clips should be universal assuming your shower curtain has stamped holes roughly 6.5mm (I'm making the cap 9mm I think so really it should work between 6.5-8mm).

I thought about this and realized a couple of things:

1) If I avoided putting a holder right in the middle of the corner (of the two folding shower walls), then there should be an offset between each clip so that when you fold the walls, the clips will not collide.

2) If the clips do not protrude past the wall but instead are say above, they should be able to stay even in place even if the wall is folded.

I think I have both of those right and there is a little more to #1 but hard to word it but you get the gist of it.

So here is what my clip looks like:

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.08.38 PM.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  6.7 KB

It clips over the top of the shower walls. The little indents are for the trim. The fit is snug but they slide easily along the top of the wall (which was an accident but might be a good thing).

And a pin (that I've figured out has to be printed solid for strength):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.08.46 PM.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	18388

It would be nice to have some sort of cam lock or screw or something for the pin but leaving that for a later revision.