TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
PortoPoP

Question Tranny temp guage suggestions

1st post (be gentle). 1st Trail Manor (2011yr 2720SD). Haven't even taken it out on the road yet. Figured this topic pertained more to towing than gen maintenance or electrical.

In about a month I will be using a 2010 3.8L Dodge Grand Caravan as the TV to take the camper from NE Texas to Orlando Florida. I have installed a Class III 2" coupler, all of the wiring, weight distribution hitch rated at 1000lb, a Tekonsha Primus electrical braking system and a Derale supplemental transmission cooler.

Now I'm looking to install a transmission fluid temp guage for some added peace of mind. Any suggestions on a brand guage that is appropriate for the aforementioned TV?

P.S. Our first "test run" of using this camper will be in 2 weeks. I'll be using a Dodge Dakota V8 manual with pretty much the same towing setup (maybe minus the weight distribution hitch and obviously no tranny cooler) to take the camper to a recreational RV park appox 20 miles from home.
PortoPoP is offline   Reply With Quote