TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
glking

Default Thank you for all the helpful information, New TrailManor Owner!!!

Well, after a few months of lurking on this board and gathering all the pros and cons of the Trailmanor, I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a new 2009 Trailmanor 3023. I wanted to thank you all for the information on this board. It was extemely helpful in making my decision. My new unit will arrive in about 3 weeks or so from the factory.

I purchased my new unit from Custom RV in Orange County, CA. They were extremely helpful in every step of the process. Although Matt and Gena (Matts wife I think) were always great about answering my questions, putting together the financing and making me feel like family, the final decision on my purchase was made because of Tommy and another young man (Can't remember his name)in the service department. I have never towed anything before and was awfully concerned about how I would do. Tommy insisted before I made my decision to purchase, that we spend some time actually towing a unit. He and the other young gentleman took shifts over the course of about two weeks allowing me to test drive a 3023 they had on the lot. I am now a pro!!! I can even back it up to where I want it!!!

Thank you all again for all the wonderful information you provide on this board!! Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you at the campgrounds in the near future!!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Congrats you will love it we purchased our 2008 TM 3023 last year & love it so far. Trail Manor Service has been Great & all of the little problems have been fixed accept for the haunted TV antenna amp LOL

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
glking

Thank you, I am so excited. On my way to Camping World in a few minutes to start stocking up!!! I didn't opt for the TV Antenna because I hardly ever flip on the TV. Gena explained that my unit will come with the AM\FM CD Player as a standard feature and I have a little DVD player for the grandkids when they are with me.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Ours came with most options already installed from factory.
We don't use the Antenna luckily since we carry our computers & have TV cards in them for Cable & hopefully by the next trip we will be setup for Sat. As for TV we have 9 TV s at house & 3 in the Rover. We bought a patch cord so we could hook our sons computer & Ipod into it for him to listen to either one. We have Bose speakers on our side for us to listen to.

Towing a TM doesn't give you the full experience of towing IMO though since it is such a good towing trailer.

Good Luck & Happy Future Camping!!!

2008 3023

Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
Congrats you will love it we purchased our 2008 TM 3023 last year & love it so far. Trail Manor Service has been Great & all of the little problems have been fixed accept for the haunted TV antenna amp LOL
Haunted amp? Hmmm...

If it is blowing the fuse and you can't find the trouble, it may be a short in the antenna cable itself (ours had this problem when new- The Car Show fixed it) -- ours had the short right in the ceiling where the crank handle had to be removed to access the cable end.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnussbau View Post
Haunted amp? Hmmm...

If it is blowing the fuse and you can't find the trouble, it may be a short in the antenna cable itself (ours had this problem when new- The Car Show fixed it) -- ours had the short right in the ceiling where the crank handle had to be removed to access the cable end.
Not blowing the fuse the problem is only intermittent & just causes the amp light not to light up when turned on which also means it isn't working. I did find if you disconnect the coax cable located in the side access panel going to the antenna the amp works. So I assume it is a short or something from that point to the antenna.

I did take it to TM factory for service but they found nothing wrong but by the time we drove onto the camp ground it didn't work again. I checked it a few days ago in my drive & it works go figure. Not a real big deal since I don't really need it but I would like it to work since I did purchase it new.

I will probably be adding satellite soon so may end up disconnecting anyway who knows. I believe I will be able to put another connection on the side so I can run the dual LNB for two receivers just haven't looked at it in depth yet.

2008 3023