TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
eroach

Default New purchase of a 3124KB questions

I'm looking to purchase a 2012 3124 KB. I've read many posts on the board re vents, batteries, fans, wheels ... If those of you that are experienced with the line were to purchase new, what would be on your hit list beyound what shows on the options page. Your help would be much appreciated.

Also, what is a fair discount from the dealer retail price? (20% or what)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Bluegrass

You ought to get at least 20% off the MSRP. Here's a thread I started on that question: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6998

We bought our 3124kb new in 2008. One thing we did was ask for was a queen size mattress instead of King, then turned it so the head was at the rear of the trailer. That left DW and me with about 6" of space on each side to put "stuff" like eyeglasses, radio, books, and the other sundry stuff you like to have at your bedside. Also makes it easier to make the bed.

You should also get a wdh and batteries at no additional charge. Most dealers will also give you an allowance for "start up" stuff like sewer hose, water hose, wheel chocks, leveling tiles, and a 20 amp to 30 amp adapter. That's minimum. I'm sure I left stuff off.

Then there's all the interior stuff - dishes, pots and pans, linens, bathroom supplies, maybe a television, and the list goes on.

I'm sure others will chime in.

There's a lot of other stuff you're going to want to buy but much depends on how and where you use your TM. I think there is a thread on this subject somewhere.

Keith
Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
camp2canoe

When we bought our TM new in '05 we immediately spent over $1,000 (probably well over) on cookware, kitchen gadgets, tools (although we always carry tools in the TV anyway) and other stuff which has never seen the light of day. You might just pilfer from your kitchen and closets for the first trip or two until you see what you really need. I'm pretty sure we've never used our party lights, pie pan or rolling pin and we carry all that weight every trip.

That being said, we reccomend carrying a couple of those folding hoses that roll onto a reel which may reach a hydrant and obviate the need to carry water. We also carry a plastic funnel, ours has a corregated end and was made for filling automatic transmissions, and a plastic jug in case you do need to carry water. Oh, and carry a square drive screwdriver which you'll need to remove the fender skirts and for other TM chores - that should be carried in the TV so you don't need to set up to reach it. - camp2canoe