TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #21
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Nice garage!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshenise View Post
My 1988 2720 TM in my garage...fits right in
How tall is your door opening?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Joe -

You might be OK. Have you gone through these threads?

You will be close, but you might make it.

Bill
I'm currently considering a 2011 2720 and asked the owner to measure the height of the A/C. He tells me it's exactly 82" high. That's even a bit higher than the TM specs..

I *may* be able to remove enough trim to get to 80" but I'll never clear 82". It just can't happen. My joists also run towards the header so it is definitely weight bearing..

Deflating the tires will be awkward as I won't easily be able to add air without crawling on my back to get there..

Can the A/C cover be easily removed or is it siliconed in place?

BTW I did notice that on the 2014 specs the A/C only adds 12.25" instead of the 14.25". But buying new may not be an option at this point.......

Dang, I really don't want to go back to wet canvas!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #24
webfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdr999 View Post
I'm currently considering a 2011 2720 and asked the owner to measure the height of the A/C. He tells me it's exactly 82" high. That's even a bit higher than the TM specs..

I *may* be able to remove enough trim to get to 80" but I'll never clear 82". It just can't happen. My joists also run towards the header so it is definitely weight bearing..
I don't have a TrailManor yet but have been stalking this forum to learn about them.

Brainstorming... is the A/C unit mounted on the roof behind the wheels? I'm wondering if you raised the tongue would that lower the A/C end of the TM enough to push that half of the TM into the garage, then you can lower the tongue and push the other half of the TM in.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
Jerry M

Default garage clearence

For an inch or so, just before you loose clearance partially deflate tires
Old 10-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
I don't have a TrailManor yet but have been stalking this forum to learn about them.

Brainstorming... is the A/C unit mounted on the roof behind the wheels? I'm wondering if you raised the tongue would that lower the A/C end of the TM enough to push that half of the TM into the garage, then you can lower the tongue and push the other half of the TM in.
Hmm.. I actually have no idea -- but I'm definitely curious. I wonder if the jack gets high enough to make a difference?

Any chance someone here could take a few measurements of theirs? I'd love to know the A/C height at:

the lowest wheeled jack height,
your normal unhitched wheeled jack height,
and the highest wheeled jack height.

I wonder if I could get two inches via the jack? That would certainly be cool.

And it looks like I may be able to unscrew the top (white) A/C cover. I can't exactly tell from the picture but it may only be 3 screws.. How much extra wiggle room will that give me?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
CampAllDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post

Wow, webfoot, this is inventive and clever. Love it ....hope the approach works.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

I think it would behave as a teeter totter and the fulcrum point would not clear ???

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdr999 View Post
Can the A/C cover be easily removed or is it siliconed in place?
We have a side-mount AC in our Trailmanor, but we had a roof mount on our pop-up. It was 4 bolts to get the plastic cover off. There was no adhesive on ours.

However, while I don't remember exactly, I do not think this will buy you more than an inch or so. There were some ridges in the cover that stuck up a little bit, but otherwise, it mounted flat to the top of the AC unit.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #30
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

OK, repeating the measurements from a previous thread.

My garage door header trim is 83 1/2 inches off the slab. With my old 2002 2720SL, this was a tight fit, largely due to the full-height air conditioner, but it worked.

My 2006 2720 SL is 79 3/4 inches high, at the top of the air conditioner.

This TM has a lift tube factory-installed between the frame and the axle. These became standard in about 2006, so if you are looking at a unit from an earlier year, it will be lower by 2 1/2 inches unless a previous owner added a lift.

This TM has 15 inch tires. If I recall, the bigger tires adds a bit less than a half inch to the height.

My air conditioner is the Suburban (RV Products) Model 9202.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage height, low profile ac