TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
CampAllDay

Thanks ScrubJayNest. I'll do that. Oh and do you know if the upgrade to the 15 inch wheels using the lift kit will increase the height of the TM. I wonder by how much.

I am also leaning towards the 2417 sports model now, which would give me a bit more wiggle room width-wise.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
Laura FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampAllDay View Post
Thanks ScrubJayNest. I'll do that. Oh and do you know if the upgrade to the 15 inch wheels using the lift kit will increase the height of the TM. I wonder by how much.

I am also leaning towards the 2417 sports model now, which would give me a bit more wiggle room width-wise.
I have the 2417 sport with the lift kit, though I think mine has 14 inch wheels. I also have the AC. I have a 7' door. It fits. barely. As we were pulling it in, we did not think it would. My husband thought it looked like it had more clearance than I thought, but we were both worried. Then I realized we both had the wrong vantage point, though his was better. I got a step ladder and watched as he pulled it in, and we had about an inch or two to spare.

I do not have the awning - even though width is not a problem, I just find them a pain. You have to worry about wind, etc.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Do a search for a thread by Popbeavers on this. He hinged his awning. Two pins as I recall and it flipped on top of the TM.
That might have been me. Two sliding pins, no hinge. I just flip it on top when in storage, and carefully lift it back into place for travel. It's heavy and long -- 50# or so -- but if I get on a step stool right in the middle I can manage it by myself without too much trouble.

I also needed to swap out the outside lights on both sides for lower profile LEDs. There's a thread somewhere with pictures -- I have 1 to 1 1/2 inches of clearance on each side as I pull in/out. I've found that a powered dolly is the best way to do it, for me in my situation, but I also need to get it nose-in so using my TV is not an option.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
Jdr999

Default TMs & garage height -- I'm a little short..

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get a 2720 in my garage. I don't own one yet, but if I can squeeze it in I'm ready to buy

I have about 19'6" from garage door to back wall which should be ok with a swing hitch.

My door opening is only 77" high though which is my biggest problem. I don't believe I have the height for a newer unit with roof air. The website lists it at 67.25" + 14.25" for A/C which puts me at 81.5". There might be a small trim piece which I haven't tried to remove but I believe the header is no higher than 79".

BTW I'd also like to have the lift kit with 15" wheels for safety..

So what are my options?

Will an older model with side mounted A/C & 15" wheels fit?

Would I be able to find a newer model without A/C and retrofit a side unit?

Just give up and buy another popup?

Thanks!
Joe
Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Joe -

TrailManor has changed their specs page, and I admit I'm confused by what is there and what is missing (such as the "add for airco" spec). But I'm thinking that 14.25 inches for the low-profie air conditioner is too much. On mine, the air conditioner stands a bit more than 13 inches above the roof, but only 8 inches above the domes for the roof vents - the Fantastic fan and the passive crank-up vent. Since the vents are standard equipment, I would assume that they are included in the baseline height measurment.

You might be OK. Have you gone through these threads?

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ight#post97291

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5571

You will be close, but you might make it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
CampAllDay

Wonderful. Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Joe -
You might be OK. Have you gone through these threads?

You will be close, but you might make it.

Bill
Hi Bill,

(Odd, I thought I started another thread as I didn't want to hijack this one)

Thanks for the links. I did read through those posts and I'm just as confused as before! Again, I have 77" to the door trim and 79" max to the header. I think I may be out of luck with anything that has roof air. I'm not sure of any easy fixes as the garage is block and the header is dead even with the gutter.

Garage storage is a must. I'm paying $2k+ a year to store my TT which is just plain nuts..

Anyone have any ideas?

Not many dealers here in NJ...

Thanks!
Joe
Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
Jerry M

Default AC fit

You should be able to lower your tire pressure to clear the garage, then once inside use jack stands to keep the trailer weight off the tires.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #19
Robert's TM

If ur really close. U could lower pressure in tires to make up difference..... Use to hear of truck drivers that did that to squeak under a low bridge. Just don't forget to air them back up before u travel.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #20
rshenise

Default TM in GArage

My 1988 2720 TM in my garage...fits right in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	9188  
rshenise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags