TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
Bob&Karen

Default Colorado Campgrounds

My question is two-fold. One, I'm looking for campgrounds in/close to Broomfield, Colorado, specifically within easy access to Zoll Data Systems. There is a SQL/Crystal Reports course there (my company would be sending me) and I'd much rather camp than stay in a hotel. If any of you Colorado folks know of anything with hookups, chime in.

Secondly, this course is in early May (5th through 9th). What is the weather like at that time of year?

Any and all input appreciated!

Bob
Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We stayed at Chief Hosa campground in the area. It's just west of Denver. We liked it quite a bit. If you google for it you will get lots of info, here's one site: http://historicdenver.org/news_chiefhosa.asp
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
lnussbau

From Chief Hosa, Broomfield will be at least a 45 minute drive, and maybe somewhat longer. You'd be as well off, from a time, distance and traffic perspective, to go to St. Vrain State Park just east of Longmont (they have electric). There's also Chatfield State Park in Littleton, on the south side of the metro area, but it wouldn't be fun commuting. There's also the Prospect RV Park in Wheatridge, just off I-70 a little east of Golden. Dakota Ridge RV Park and Golden Clear Creek RV Park are perhaps a little closer in than Chief Hosa. I'm not aware of any campgrounds at all in the Broomfield/Lafayette/Superior or Boulder areas.

The only one of the above that I've stayed at is St. Vrain, which is fairly nice, except for the Interstate noise (I-25 is less than a mile away) and the bugs that are rather plentiful in the morning and evening during warmer weather, due to the small lakes in the park. It's nice to see the pelicans and seagulls, though. The other parks above I mostly found in the 2007 issue of the Trailer Life directory.

May weather in the Denver area can range from 90+ degrees to snowy, though it's rarely much below 30º. If it's snowy, it can range from flurries to several inches. Generally, though, I've turned on my sprinkler system somewhere between late April and mid-May, depending on how much moisture we get and what the season seems to be doing for temperatures. And the change from one condition to the other can come literally overnight, though it's usually more of a 1-3 day change. Most years, though, it's more likely to rain than to snow, though there's often a lot of sunny weather.

Just for perspective, I live in Westminster, about 1/2 mile from the edge of Broomfield, and only about five miles straight line from the Metro Airport/Interlocken area (likely where you are going).
Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
Bob&Karen

Thanks, Bill and Larry! Driving distance not too much of a factor - especially if it's less than 1/2 hour. Weather is what really concerns me. Living here in the southeast, we don't get much practice driving in the white stuff...

Regards,

Bob