TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #1
bill s

Default sofa arm damage

although we are proud owners of our 2004 3124kb tm...a number of issues/problems have come up...the most important one is the locking securing/ hooks become loose due to no lock nutsand/or lock washers AND our sofa arm section(to the right, as one enters the tm ) became loose from the main section of the sofa..aftersome trouble shooting,we discovered that the section was constructed incorrectly and was secured by 1.5" screws. upon investigation, we further discovered that the section was really noting more that 0.25" plywood surrounded by fabric and some foam.i decided to construct a 2x3 frame inside the section-recovered it with the 0.25"plywood-and restapled the upholstery-and then secured the section with 3" screws..
Old 07-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Default Re:sofa arm damage

Factory reply? (we know you're there - why not build upon your chance for a more favorable image) .
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:35 PM   #3
central_texan

I had the same problem with my new 3023. The arm came off about halfway through our first outing. I removed the drawers and the plywood over the drawers and examined the construction. Weak at best! I didn't rebuild the arm but I did predrill a couple of screw holes through the drawer base frames and screwed them back in with original screws. I may rebuild if the arm comes of again.