TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #11
greentrail

Another interesting point...... I asked if lowering pressures have an effect on speed rating he said no. He said that the tire is rated for 106 regardless of what the pressure (as long as it is not overloaded).
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
Is there a "top speed" rating for the Kumhos? I know the Marathins are rated at 65MPH, there are times I'd like to go 70 with out worrying about it.

This is copied from the Goodyear wesite:

Based on industry standards, if tires with the ST designation are used at speeds between 66 and 75 mph, it is necessary to increase the cold inflation pressures by 10 psi above the recommended pressure for the load.

Do not exceed the maximum pressure for the wheel.

If the maximum pressure for the wheel prohibits the increase of air pressure, then the
maximum speed must be restricted to 65 mph.

The cold inflation pressure must not exceed 10 psi beyond the inflation specified for the
maximum load of the tire.

Check out: http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/marat...nfo_032806.pdf

I don't do this. There have been occasions where I need to go over 65 mph for a short period to get back into traffic or something, but I really like keeping it under 65 mph......even on WVa. interstate, where the speed limit is 70 mph.