TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Bob Jenkins

Default Very Interested in a TrailManor

My wife and I are beginning RVers.
We have been looking at a lot of different types of trailers from small pop-ups to Airstreams.
Yesterday we checked out several TrailManor trailers at Happy Camper in Burleson, Texas.
We were VERY impressed!
We were especially impressed by the spaciousness inside such a lightweight and easy-towing trailer!
We are both "Heavy" people and I am also tall (6'7").
I was amazed by the space insida a TrailManor.
We are currently considering a 3124KB.
We hope to make a decision soon.
This forum has some GREAT information!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
sir1doc

Best of luck to you! and if you pick the TM you won't be disapointed. There are pros and cons to all campers. just do your reasearch and you'll be happy. There is soooo much good reading in here to help you. as for size, I'm 6'4 and 275 or so and the DW is 5'10" and I am not permitted to put her weight in....I too loved the room in the TM. hahaha so we love our TM.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
wwjam

Thought I'd pass this along to anyone who is interested.

We bought a book called "How to Select, Inspect, and Buy an RV" written by JD Gallant. It has a photo, and a page written about a 1983 "telescoping trailer." The name is not mentioned but it's a TrailManor.

A few quotes from this book:

"With prices approximately 30% higher than for trailer coaches of comparible size, telescoping trailers are being bypassed by new buyers. I am totally amazed at how few people can see the safety in lower profiles."

"Because a preconceived notion gives them the wrong message, every day people risk their lives pulling larger trailers than their tow vehicle can handle. I believe however that the telescoping trailer is the trailer of the furture."

"With the strong and lightweight construciton techniques already available, telescoping trailers should be as durable and trouble free as good trailer coaches and fifth wheels."

"Because many telescoping trailer owners enjoy the RVing expeirence they move up to larger 5th wheels or motor homes. This leaves used trailers available if one is willing to search them out."
Old 07-07-2006, 05:50 AM   #4
midlifecrisis

I'm now in the process of evaluating the pros and cons of the TM as opposed to a conventional TT. We are planning on upgrading from a PU.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
forrest

Default Very Costly

My wife and I have been camping for 20 plus years. We've tried it all from tents to motor homes and everything in between. I was searching the net about three weeks ago and discovered the TM. Unfortunately, the nearest dealer to us is 200 miles away (Montgomery, AL) To make a long story short we drove to the dealer 2 weekends ago to check them out. The concept is what we were looking for but the units are, in my opinion way over priced. a new 2007 2720 SL (after discount but before taxes) was $24,750.00. We are leary of putting that kind of money into a "hard sided" pop up. For us the Trail Cruiser TT may be the way to go.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
PopBeavers

The difference to me is the free parking. I can put the TM in the garage. Anything that I can not put in the garage will cost 1,000 dollars per year for an unlit, unsecured dirt parking space 20 miles away, if they even have a vacant spot.

This was real simple math.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
PopBeavers

I just looked up the specs for the 27 foot Trail Cruiser, similar to my TM 2720, at least in terms of floor space. The weight increase is from 2700 pounds to 3700 pounds. I have no idea what impact that has on fuel economy.

To some degree, the price of a trailer is inversely proportional to the weight of the trailer.

Interesting that the 27 foot Trail Cruiser is considered to be "lite". How much more would a heavy trailer be.

But we each have our own wants, needs, desires and problems to solve.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
coulter

As with anything else if you shop around you can find a better deal, we paid less than $24,750.00 for a "loaded" 3023,
Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #9
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
Are TM's expensive??????
Everything is expensive....
Then.... you die.....
The higher price of a TM compared to a TT is a one time expense.

Paying for a parking space for a TT instead of using your own garage to store the TM is a perpetual, and increasing, expense.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #10
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Considering your RVing background I don't think I can say anything you don't already know -- and I agree with everything you have said. I'm with Wayne however on the storage and towing issues. If you don't have a storage problem and don't mind towing a solid wall trailer and suffering the higher fuel cost, there is little advantage to buying a TM -- and there are several disadvantages -- like the smaller appliances and bath. As Leon said, they are not for everyone. They are a good compromise for many of us however.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote