TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #11
cmc211

Default Curtain Mod

I was thinking of a curtain mod and trying it myself. My popup coleman camper had a section of mesh across the top of the curtain so the A/C would still blow through when you close the curtain. Has anyone else tried this?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #12
hal

We made a curtain just like you are talking about. We ran a curtain track across the width of the ceiling. The curtain divides the dinette area from the kitchen area and provided privacy for people who accompany us on an outing. With our 2720SD there is plenty of room on both sides of the curtain for getting ready for bed. The top section of the curtain is mesh and works well for air circulation.

Hal
Old 04-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
cmc211

Sounds good. I am thinking of making a curtain on mine that give the person sleeping on the sofa some privacy also.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #14
sir1doc

I may be in the wrong place and the newer ones may already have changed this but the Vin # plate on my 1991 is located under the top shell. When getting my tags at the BMV it was required that they see the vin number in person to verify the out of state title change. This meant that in my small town with only head in parking on main street I had to park the TM and open it on a busy street while waiting for the person to "find the time" to come out and see it. Although I met many new people who were intersed in the TM. it was a pain. I would ask the factory to put the VIN # in a easy to access place.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

They've gotcha covered! On newer TMs there is actually a VIN plate and a VIN sticker. The plate is riveted to a frame member, up front near the hitch and easy to see. The sticker is on the street side, on the outside wall of the front shell, and therefore right in front of you when the TM is closed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #16
sir1doc

Thanks Bill, good to know
Old 05-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #17
Bruce

Default 2007 Improvements

Improvements I would most like to see.

1. Drawers in the kitchen cabinets. Squatting down or bending over to peer inside the cabinets really bites. Give us drawers that pull out so we can easily get at pots & pans, dishes, canned goods, etc.

2. A room with a view. Is there some way to lower the windows so when we are seated inside we can see something besides the tops of the trees?

3. A screen door.

4. Take the flourescent light from the bathroom and put in in the living room where it's high light output and low energy draw can be put to good use.

5. Make vinyl flooring and not carpet the default flooring choice. I won't even have carpet in my house - why would I want it in a camper?

6. A toilet that doesn't smell. OK, I realize the toilet was probably chosen for it's light weight and so therefore we can't expect a standard RV toilet with a 20 or 30 gallon black water tank and a positive seal but this is my wish list.

I love our TrailManor but if the 07 model came with these improvements I would be tempted to trade up.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #18
Bill & Lisa

One I forgot to mention since we already fixed it ourselves but was of big interest during Chesapeake RV's annual campout was the stove top grate.

TM - get rid of the star pressure washers underneath and replace with cotterpins. Makes cleaning up the stove doable!

Bill
Old 05-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #19
MidwestDave

Default Stove top grate removal for cleaning

We just took delivery of our new 2720 and used the stove top for first time.
DW fixed eggs and bacon on large burner and slopped some egg over side .
To remove grate I just lifted up as the corners were in rubber gromlet in each corner. No problem! Cleaned up mess and replaced again with no problem!
I also noticed another new feature that has been talked about on the form.
TM owners complained that their door would come loose while driving down the highway, well the folks at TrailManor are listening. A simple heavy duty plastic latch on the out side of the door is turned into position and WALA!
We are very pleased with our new rig.

Midwest Dave
Moline Ill World Hqds for John Deere Co.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #20
Bill & Lisa

Dave,
Congrats on your new TM!

Now to throw you a challenge. Can you take and post a picture of the "New" door latch. There has always been a latch similar to those that hold the bumper in on the upper portion of the door. The problem is (with both the door and the bumper) is the single screw holding it in place loosens as you tow your TM arround. On the door is loosens to the point where gravity, helped by road vibration rotates the clip out of position thereby releasing the door.

On the stove top, I would lift the whole top off and see what holds the other end of those feet. It was a star type pressure washer which you may have pulled the leg out of when cleaning. This will result in the star washer showing up sometime as a mysterious screw,bolt, etc. that you have trouble identifying the origin of. It also may mean that your grate legs are now just held in by the friction of the rubber washer. A few good bumps on your next adventure could result in your grate roaming around the interior of your closed TM without any supervision leaving nicks and gouges on things as it goes. Flying grates in the past have been know to decapitate the sink facuet or at least serious scrape it up.

I hope you are right and the factory has come up with a better system but if I can delay the anguish of that first scrape or dent etc. I am glad.

Bill