TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
DanLE46

Default DanLE46

We're looking seriously into purchasing a used TM 3124 KS or KB primarily because of the sizeable storage in the rear both inside and outside. I'd like to be able to do some Walmart overnights now and then and I'm wondering if the front roof segment projects in front of the trailer's ball coupler. My tow vehicle is a full size Chevy Express Van and, if the TM's front stone guard is left closed, could I stay 'hooked up' to the TM and still be able to set the trailer up? The TV hitchball is about a foot back of the rear doors of the van including the reach of the insert and the depth of the rear bumper on the van.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Digger

No problem, I've done it many times with my 3124KS. I also chose the 3124KS for the large storge areas.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
rumbleweed

you are ok as long as the TM and tbe TV are in a straight line.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Interesting thread title. Can't wait to see the title of your next post!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Bill & Lisa

If he dares attempt another post. how about cutting the newbie some slack, or use your moderator privledges to add an appropriate title for him. I know I don't post on this forum as much as I used to but I remember it being a friendly place where you could ask any question and not have to worry about getting slammed or being made to feel foolish. I hope that this was just a bad day comment and not indicative of what the "old neighborhood" has become.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
kempert
Site Sponsor

When I read Bill's post, I was thinking the same thing that he posted and I had no intention of slamming anyone or making them feel foolish. It just made me curious. From his previous posts, I believe that he didn't intend anything negative.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
ng2951

Welcome. I had the 3326 and I don't recall any trailer opening in front of the ball. All of them opened behind the ball.

Now it is true that you will need to the TV and TT in straight line, but that will be only when the TT is opened. It will be several feet shorter when the TT is closed...
Old 10-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Bill & Lisa

Back to the original question....as others have said you will not have to unhitch to open up your TM however....you do need to get anything you might want to access out of the back of the van BEFORE you open up the TM. My Trailblazer (TV when I towed a TM) rear hatch could not open fully (or even very far at all)once I opened the shells on the TM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I did PM the guy about meaningful titles. Does that count as "cutting some slack"? This way it serves as an education both for ther OP and for others as well. Simply changing his title does not.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa View Post
If he dares attempt another post. how about cutting the newbie some slack, or use your moderator privledges to add an appropriate title for him. I know I don't post on this forum as much as I used to but I remember it being a friendly place where you could ask any question and not have to worry about getting slammed or being made to feel foolish. I hope that this was just a bad day comment and not indicative of what the "old neighborhood" has become.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default 3124ks

I have a 3124KS and have camped many nights with the truck attached to the camper. It makes for a quick pack up and leave the next day.
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote