TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Default Anyone use a cover from the Car Show? Or any other high quality covers (not ADCO)?

As I was putting my Adco cover on my TM last week, my hand went right through one of the seams where the side meets the roof. I've had it about 3 years, and although this is the first time it has ripped due to deterioration, it has not kept water or even dust out for probably the last 2 years. I'd clean the roof, cover the TM, and then a month or so later the roof looks like I never washed it. It also lets in a fair amount of sun. So I consider it a 1-2 year cover at best, at least in Southern California.

I think I am going to get a cover made from Sunbrella. Calmark Covers sells custom covers made from it, and everything I've read on other forums points to them being top notch, both in customer service and cover quality. The downside, of course, is cost. Based on prices on some of their stock covers for other units, my guess is it will cost somewhere in the $500-$600 range. But this stuff has a 6-year warranty. So if I spent $150 on an ADCO cover that gives me 18 months of protection, the Calmark cover is actually cheaper, and I'll have a higher quality cover to boot.

I thought I remembered seeing someone here reporting that they bought a cover from The Car Show, perhaps even sharing a picture, but I cannot find the post. I called them and their cover is made locally, and costs $600 + shipping, but he wasn't sure what they were made from exactly except that it was a boat-cover material. He was going to call the guy that makes them to find out. Anyone have any experience with their cover, or any other high quality non-Adco cover?

Thanks,
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
allenj

I'm also curious, I feel like you can practically see through our 2 year old Adco cover, and every pressure point from underneath (antenna, AC etc) is breaking through faster than I can reinforce the tears with duct tape. So I'll be in the market for some kind of replacement next year. If I weren't worried about condensation I would be tempted just to go with a tarp like some posters in another recent thread.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
YogiCorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
As I was putting my Adco cover on my TM last week, my hand went right through one of the seams where the side meets the roof. I've had it about 3 years, and although this is the first time it has ripped due to deterioration, it has not kept water or even dust out for probably the last 2 years. I'd clean the roof, cover the TM, and then a month or so later the roof looks like I never washed it. It also lets in a fair amount of sun. So I consider it a 1-2 year cover at best, at least in Southern California.

I think I am going to get a cover made from Sunbrella. Calmark Covers sells custom covers made from it, and everything I've read on other forums points to them being top notch, both in customer service and cover quality. The downside, of course, is cost. Based on prices on some of their stock covers for other units, my guess is it will cost somewhere in the $500-$600 range. But this stuff has a 6-year warranty. So if I spent $150 on an ADCO cover that gives me 18 months of protection, the Calmark cover is actually cheaper, and I'll have a higher quality cover to boot.

I thought I remembered seeing someone here reporting that they bought a cover from The Car Show, perhaps even sharing a picture, but I cannot find the post. I called them and their cover is made locally, and costs $600 + shipping, but he wasn't sure what they were made from exactly except that it was a boat-cover material. He was going to call the guy that makes them to find out. Anyone have any experience with their cover, or any other high quality non-Adco cover?

Thanks,
Dave
Hello All,

I feel the same way about Adco covers and as a new TM owner I'm researching alternatives as well. I also want to store my 3124ks expanded so I can easily check on things and/or provide added protection for long-duration camping. If anyone stores their TM expanded with a cover, I would love feedback on this arrangement. In the mean time, here's a cover that I'm currently researching...any thoughts on this one?

http://www.rvcoversprotect.com/polyxtraveltrailer

This product is also sold by NorthernTool, but it's more expensive at that location.