TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2023, 07:42 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default Westward HO: April 2nd to the end of May

Trailmanor Road Trip....Invite Extended!

Every Spring and Fall for the past 4 years I have traveled/camped from Lower Alabama to a health mine in Basin, MT. I spend about 9 days there and then start making my way back home. I have enjoyed visiting many beautiful places along the way and have used various routes to get there and back. We do a mix of Federal campgrounds, Boondockers Welcome Host Sites and DRY (boondocking) camping. I plan for a dump station every 3-4 days (typically). …anyway…

My lovely bride, Kathy, retires the End of March and we are leaving two days later for a two month trip (April & May). Over the decades we could only do a week at a time (but frequently) and most weekends. So, we are very excited to be able to take two months for this adventure.
We are well seasoned RV’ers. Our last motorhome (not our newest one) we owned for 22 years and 180,000 miles. Our last Trailmanor I/we rolled 30,000 miles in 28 months. We are now prepping our latest Trailmanor, a 3023 (The Mouse Motel), for this two month trip…(NOPE, not taking the 6.5 MPG diesel motorhome on this one)!

Typical speeds we drive are around 63-65 MPH (sometimes more…sometimes less…); it just all depends on the plan for the day. Most days around 300 – 400 miles. I always like to be at my destination by 3PM when possible. Then it’s time for a glass of wine and just enjoying what is around us. We are NOT the touristy type searching out the tourist trap towns. However…I always like a good thrift store! LOL For us, peace and quiet and enjoying the beauty that God has provided is priceless…………..

Attached is our current itinerary in PDF format. I am still working on the part after we leave Glacier National Park. But, it will include Yellowstone, Tetons, Colorado and then eastward to VA where we will pick up Skyline Drive at the northern terminus and start the slow and beautiful ride south east through the Shenandoah National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway and follow it to the southern terminus in Cherokee, NC, Smokey Mountains National Park. From there, we’re only a couple of days from home.

IF this sounds like something you would like to join in on, all or part, then please let me know and I would be happy to provide more info in greater detail. We would love to have another adventurous Trailmanor (couple or single) following us on this two month journey. There is always greater safety when there are two rigs, two vehicles, etc. Just the security when camping or rolling down the highway is better with two rigs! Again, if you are interested or curious in “following along” please let me know and we can go from there! Thanks!

Travis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2023 Spring Westward Ho Itinerary.pdf (496.6 KB, 71 views)
Old 02-27-2023, 12:43 PM   #2
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Won't be able to travel with your caravan.... But might be able to meet up with you when you get to my neck of the woods. (Utah, Idaho, Montana!)
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:58 PM   #3
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Won't be able to travel with your caravan.... But might be able to meet up with you when you get to my neck of the woods. (Utah, Idaho, Montana!)
Great. As I continue to work on the travel itinerary after leaving Basin, MT, I will post an update here. It would be a pleasure camping with you.

Travis

Tags
westward ho