TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
Pitbull

https://www.buymagicmesh.com/?tag=im...a_bid=d330313e

Koz
Old 07-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Solitary Refinement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
I just saw the infomercial for this the other day and wondered how well this would adapt to a TM.

Was a little leary since its a new 'infomercial product'. Tried finding real reviews with a google search but mostly ran into phony blog websites with malware/adware.

Plus they nail you with $16 in postage and handling on top of the $19.95 sale price. $36 isn't a bad deal at all if they are worthwhile. My concern is how well does it actually seal between the magnets, and for how long?

Would be nice to find some feedback before purchasing, but perhaps its my turn to be a guinea pig.
750lb Weight Distribution Hitch
Solitary Refinement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
namklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary Refinement View Post
I just saw the infomercial for this the other day and wondered how well this would adapt to a TM.

Was a little leary since its a new 'infomercial product'. Tried finding real reviews with a google search but mostly ran into phony blog websites with malware/adware.

Plus they nail you with $16 in postage and handling on top of the $19.95 sale price. $36 isn't a bad deal at all if they are worthwhile. My concern is how well does it actually seal between the magnets, and for how long?

Would be nice to find some feedback before purchasing, but perhaps its my turn to be a guinea pig.
They are buy one get one free. Do you want to split an order? I just ordered one of the heavier units.
karen
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
Pitbull

I'll split an order with someone!

Koz
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
MariaG

You might want to check the "as seen on TV" sections at your local stores. I've noticed many places like KMart, Walmart, Target, etc. carry a lot of those infomercial products. Usually for the same price, minus the shipping.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
bebotx

Default Inexpensive screen door alternative

I have one of these "instant-type" screen doors:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/p...-bug-screen.do

I got mine at my local Walmart for $13. It's a cheap, easy, semi-permanent fix. I shortened it by about 6" with my sewing machine. We hang it from a continuous strip of industrial strength velcro above the inside of the door frame, plus a few small pieces of velcro (on the hinge side of the door frame) to keep it in place. To keep my dog inside the TM, I simply close the bottom of the TM door since the screen is on the inside of the opening. It won't keep a dog in by itself, but luckily my tiny dog is pretty intimidated by it!

Even though it's weighted on the bottom, it's lightweight and folds up small for storage.

Our TM is in storage but I'll take a picture when we have the trailer open in a couple of weeks.

Betty
1976 "Vintage" Munroe Crusader 11' TT in New Zealand
bebotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Binnster

I purchased a similar screen from http://www.fourcorners.com/product_d...ug_Screen.aspx - I liked this one because there was an opening down the middle, rather than having to push the screen to one side. And it was cheap ($16 with shipping).

I cut it to fit, hemmed it up, and am very pleased with the finished results. The magnets really do snap back together after you go through, without needing any adjusting or handling. I like that I can leave it up even with the door closed. I did not secure it to the bottom in any way - and in fact probably could have left it a little bit longer. An enterprising bug could fly in through the gap down there, but here in Colorado our bugs aren't usually that active.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #18
donbarlow

Default Bug Screen

Thanks, looks great. Ordered one this morning.
Don