TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
mkotulski

Default Market for Trailmanor Sales

Our family has recently grown and we have outgrown our current 2010 3023. After talking to a RV dealership they are trying to lowball our RV 10k. Due to this we are looking at selling it privately. I have posted our Trailmanor on the sale page but it seems that Virginia may not have a good market for Trailmanors. Does anyone have a suggestion for selling? Is their a state that seems to do better? Maybe we could post it on Craiglist in a particular area. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks!
Michelle
Old 02-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkotulski View Post
Our family has recently grown and we have outgrown our current 2010 3023. After talking to a RV dealership they are trying to lowball our RV 10k. Due to this we are looking at selling it privately. I have posted our Trailmanor on the sale page but it seems that Virginia may not have a good market for Trailmanors. Does anyone have a suggestion for selling? Is their a state that seems to do better? Maybe we could post it on Craiglist in a particular area. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks!
Michelle
Hi,

I have often thought about this. As RV owners of all brands have the same problem, “example” people are not running down the street looking for an Airstream Trailer or other brands. People get there needs in order then start looking what there priority's are. My priority was size, quality, fit in the garage, and no storage fees, I am very happy. You will find a person like me around. I love Airstream but this stage in my life it will not work for me, but I am very happy with what I got. Be patient.

Hit all the free internet areas like FB, and Craig's List and keep posting the TM.

Dave
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
happybeebob

Michelle:
Scottie Dogs gave a lot of good advice. The only other I might mention would be RV trader but do not know if that is a pay or not site.
One other thing I will mention is that your heading in the Eastern for sale section lists $23,000 but when you click on to see the listing it says $20,000. Don't know how you would change that but maybe someone else here could explain it. Some people might be turned off by the initial price showing and not bother to go any further with it.

Bob
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Michelle -

Once you have logged in, is there an EDIT button below your post? I think so. Use this to change the price in the title. If the button is not there, PM me with details and I will change it for you.

I have always noticed that prices on used RVs are lower in the east than in the west. We could speculate about why, but it doesn't really matter. Your situation is what it is, and you have to deal with it. But accepting a $10K hosing is NOT what I would consider "dealing with it". In southern CA, people seem to fight to get a TM. Maybe advertise out there, and plan a vacation around a delivery trip? Maybe consign it through Custom RV - you still have to deliver it and pay their commission, but it should be less than $10K.

Time of year is also tough. Few people are thinking about camping in January. May or June might see a significant uptick.

By the way, how did you arrive at what you consider a proper price - the one from which the dealer is lowballing you? NADAGuides suggests you might expect around $23K, which is where you started. You might refer to NADA in your ad, be prepared to instruct people how to use the guide so they can confirm your statement. The mention of NADA might lend some credence to your starting price, and some impact to your price reduction. Or perhaps grab a screen shot of the NADA result and print it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I would think a positive market area for trailmanor would indeed be ca. and other areas that tend to have higher fuel prices do to the higher level of emission standards which increase fuel costs, which would be an advantage to a trailmanor sale
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
moaboy

My suggestion would be keep the TM and have the kids sleep in the car...
Just kidding.
Better yet, you and the kids sleep in the TM and have your husband sleep in the car... Ok, maybe a small tent....
Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
M&M Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIKERZ View Post
I would think a positive market area for trailmanor would indeed be ca. and other areas that tend to have higher fuel prices do to the higher level of emission standards which increase fuel costs, which would be an advantage to a trailmanor sale
My TM has been on the market since July in that favorable California market and I have no evidence that there has even been a sniff at it.

Tags
3023, selling