TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
rooksroost

Talking It's official here too!

Hello all!
Wife and I just joined the fine group of folks known as retirees!
We've been looking for weeks as to what we wanted to purchase as our getta way home away from home. With my backround in aircraft maintence and modifcation I became curious with the TM. As we shopped and I do mean shopped NW Fl, AL, and GA we really narrowed our choice down. This forum was a big help and for that we want to thank all of you!
We'll be picking up our 2720SL from Bankston Motors in Montgomery AL this coming Tuesday. We'll be headed on the weekend for St. Joe Peninsula State Park for a couple of days of 'gettin aquainted' with our TM. Figured it mite kinda slow this time of year........I won't embarrass myself to bad! Its a guy thing!
Well as we begin our adventures hope to meet many of you out on the road.
Thanks again.

Rooksroost

2006 Toyota Tundra
Old 01-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Firedog

Congrats....I know how excited you must be. We can't wait to take ours out for the first time.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
kempert
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Welcome

Rooksroost -

Welcome to the club (i.e. retirees with TMs). I'm in LA (Lower Alabama)right now and will be coming to St. Joe's in about 2 weeks. It's a shame that I'll be too late to catch you as I'd like to see your new TM and new TT. I plan to spend some time at Big Lagoon SP and Henderson Beach SP before I get there.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
rooksroost

Gettin ready for the trip tommow. Got a brake controller ( Progigy ) today and got it installed. Stoppin by Best Buy to pick up a flat screen tv and a radio/cd/dvd for the TM while in Montomery. That will probably keep me busy the rest of the week!
In our plans this year is to move to the Johnson City area in TN. The way I understand it, we we're first damn yankees, stayed in FL for 30 years so we became yankees. Since family is in PA and NY we wanted to be half backs for awhile! Going to build another log home and see what TN has to offer.
Looking forward to the adventures that lay ahead!

Ed & Joan

2006 Tundra
2006 2720 SL (soon)
Old 01-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
nethiker

congratulations on your retirement! I,am a power plant mechanic, and I to own a toyota tundra and a TM! It is to soon for me to retire but my heart is with you! Have a great time !!!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
rooksroost

Well we're back! Had a wonderful day in Montgomery. Bankston Motors seems to be a fine outfit and Darren Wooten a fine salesman. Well thats my plug!
Its every thing yunz said it was as far as towing, even had to pass a few slow AL drivers on 331 headed back to NW FL ( Defuniak Springs).
Got it set up in the yard and going to tackle gettin it ready for an excursion this weekend!
Thanks again to all!

Ed & Joan
Old 01-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
grampa

Congrats and welcome to TM Retirees. We bought our 2720 from Louie Johnson of Bankston Motors in Huntsville. Enjoy your many adventures. We just beginning ours as well. We are near Milton, FL BTW. Good luck. John & JoAnn
Old 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
rooksroost

When we contacted bankston via e-mail it was Louie we talked to up at Huntsville. Since Mont. had what we wanted Darren took care of it.
Got the radio and tv in, wifes loadin it up. Going to be interesting!
Look forward to meeting yunz!