TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
moaboy

Default WDH 2 links or 3?

When I purchased my 2720 3 years ago the dealer installed a new hitch on my Honda Ody and I am very pleased with how it has towed. I was instructed to use the 2nd link on the chain of the eqalizer bar when I tighten it to the hitch.
On a recent trip (for lack of a better explanation) let's just say I got a wild hair and used the 3rd link. Plus my wife says I don't follow instructions very well.
Anyway, I had gotten some front tire spin and my thinking -howerver unsound it may be-was if I used another link up it would "move" more weight forward. More equalizing than less.
On the 3rd link, it seemed to tow very well (maybe all in my head) and I did not get any slippage.

Does using the 2nd link vs the 3rd link make that much of a difference? I have a Reese type 3 hitch.

Thanks.