TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #11
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Thanks, when I call the factory they said that it bolted to the bottom of the two main frame menbers! It looks like from the picture that it bolts to the bumper and not on the main frame? That is what I want to use on my trailer is one of those cargo carriers. Thanks The Rip
Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #12
Bill & Lisa

I'll check when I get home as it is still alongside the house but I don't recall seeing any bolts. I think it is welded to the frame but will look closer and let you know for sure.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #13
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

That looks like the same hitch on mine. I suspect it is because Bill and I both bought our TM's at the same place!! Mine has bolts thru the frame, 2 per side.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #14
Bill & Lisa

I checked tonight before towing the TM up to the base to store it. Mine is definately welded. Not a bolt in sight. Below is my latest Mod. Got the box from Wally world. I know not to load it weight wise. Will probably have satelite dish and tripod, Water hose bucket, and charcol grill in it (all of which except for the satelitte dish) is currently stowed in the rear compartment anyway.

Although it doesn't look like it the rear shell opens and closes with no problem or interference. The lid is limited from opening fully (and latching open) when the bed is slid out into position but we can still open it enough to get everything we need in and out.

I will problably keep my leveling blocks, clip on mirrors and the bin with my "trailer stuff" in the box just so I don't have to haul it around in the TV when I am not towing.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #15
earthscience8

Default Bike Rack Clearance issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil_War_Buff
I attached mine the same way that Rick Newcomb did his, here is a link to his page (click the TM Mods links and then Bike Rack) and the picture is there, as well as below:
http://home.comcast.net/~trailmanor/

Does it matter whether I mount the receiver on the top or bottom? I am concerned about clearance issues with the road and bed.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #16
camp2canoe

Default bike rack

You might consider carrying your bike rack on the front of the TV. I have the world's worst driveway with both a hump and a curve as well as individual garage doors which are only inches wider than my TM with awning. I put a 2" receiver on the front of my F150 SuperCrew so that I can see what I'm doing when putting away the TM. A bonus is a great place to carry a bike rack where you can always see the bikes and don't need to worry nearly as much when parallel parking the rig. It works for us.