TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2004, 11:06 AM   #31
jniles

Default Re:Need Help with New Oven

Hey ccc6588. It looks like you may not have found all of the fuses. The toilet fuse I was talking about is a glass tube fuse located in the power line under cover of toilet back. The cover is held on with two large phillips screws and the flush button is on one side of it. The only other glass tube I have seen is the main 30 amp fuse which is in line on the main power cable located in the battery box. All of the 15 amp and "the" 7.5 amp fuses are blade type in the converter panel and seem to be the ones to which you are refering. If so you still may need a glass tube type or two.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #32
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As I (and others) have posted, let me encourage you to replace the main 30-amp tubular bayonet fuse holder with either an automotive flat blade type fuse holder (about $3 at Wal-Mart), or a self-resetting 30-amp in-line circuit breaker (about $4 at an RV or automotive store). Several folks (myself included) have experienced overheating in the OEM fuse holder, which breaks the connection to the fuse. No, nothing bad happens, except that you suddenly lose all 12-volt power. But it is annoying.

Replacing the fuseholder is quick and easy in the comfort of your own driveway on a sunny day. On the other hand, a field replacement is a pain at the best of times, and of course the failure never happens at the best of times.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:37 PM   #33
jniles

Well isn't that a kick in the head. Thanks Bill I will make that my very next driveway project. When I found the fuse I didn't like it > and couldn't understand why anyone would do it that way, but you know engineers. ??? In any event this will take care of that. Perhaps the toilet should have a self resetting breaker too. ;D