TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Calico Jack

Default Sofa pains my rear

Hi Everyone:
The sofa in our 2006 3124 has two spacious areas in the seat part cushions that feels like you're sitting on a fire hydrant. Has anybody addressed this problem. Maybe some close cell foam or such?
Many Thanks/Jack
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
brulaz

Similar problem here, especially since the wife sometimes has to spend her day working on the computer when we're in Florida.

Would love to replace the foam with something that still provides cushioning after an hour or more of sitting.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
kokilo

We have a 2006 2720SD and the cushions in the dinette were very uncomfortable for sitting but ok when made into a bed.

Being very cheap we went to Costco and got 4 of the cushions that are designed for use on kitchen chairs. About 2 inches of firm foam with a tie strap to keep it in place on the chair. These seem to work great for sitting and they leave the bed nice and soft when made up.

Peter and Martha
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I replaced all the foam on my unit with quality foam from a foam shop. Nice sentence. The foam cushion shop said they do this all the time. People buy a couch and within days, put new foam in there that is far better quality than the foam that came with the furniture.

Since foam is a petroleum product, the cost is not only high but can change week to week in these shops.

I have been happier with my mattress and seat cushions ever since.

By the way, the foam I replaced was only a month or two old when I did this.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Bluegrass

Another alternative is to build up your own posterior so that you carry your cushioning with you wherever you go!

Keith
Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
TMtraveler

We're assuming that the foam cushion shop did the labor to install the new foam? If so, give an idea of the cost we could encounter. If we had the tool that refastens the cloth cover underneath, we'd do it ourselves since we already know what foam we need and where to get it.
TMtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote