TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #1

Default Membership Outdoor World USED WORTH???

Are those Outdoor Resorts menbership worth the money?? (i'm talking second hand usually $1000 to $2000)
Thx for your feedback
And also i live on florida
Old 03-14-2003, 01:28 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re: Membership Outdoor World USED WORTH???

Years ago we belonged to Coast to Coast, and RPI for us it was worth it only because of our home resort. We never used other resorts, they were not where we wanted to go. On the other hand if you like being near large cities or even Europe it may well be worth your investment.

If you just want to camp in your TM at bargan rates There are a lot of discount clubs out there. Join the Good Sams Club and you will see ads in their monthly mag. or buy a copy of Trailer Life for the ads.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:25 PM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I am a member of Coast to Coast but have not used the member parks other than my home park. I bought the membership to insure a camping spot in Mountain View Arkansas during the many special events there. RV space is at a premium during the holidays and special events.The park provides some additional resort activities that are not found in most RV campgrounds.
Is it worth it? In my case the answer is yes. It depends on what you are looking for.

MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:36 PM   #4
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Quote:
Are those Outdoor Resorts menbership worth the money?? (i'm talking second hand usually $1000 to $2000)
Thx for your feedback
And also i live on florida
I bought a membership at a Texas homesite, through RPI, as soon as I bought my trailer. The membership was discounted to $450 (fire sale?). Having been there, I would have to say yes!

Considering that I tow (and will tow) 12-18,000 mi/yr, I schedule my travel route to take overnites ar RPI Campgrounds (whenever possible). At $5 a pop, each day saves $15-25. As Sen. Everett Dirksen once opined, a Billion here and a Billion there, and before long your talkin, real money. Ditto on a personal level.

There are three VERY nice RPI campgronds near my home, each allowing a total of 14 days per year. Works for me, since Wisconsin only has a 7 month camping window (unless yer the rugged type).
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote