TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Wourd you buy a RISE or a fully power standard TM
Rise 4 10.53%
Powered Retractable 9 23.68%
Don't need powered lift. 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default Since we were not asked

Am just curious how many would prefer a RISE or a standard TrailManor retractable with fully powered operation ? Was a survey ever done ?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Checked don't need powered lift; wouldn't by a rise and the standard TM is easy to raise.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
mecicon
TrailManor Master

^^^^^ X 2 on that ^^^^^^^
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
kikeehn

Padgett, Scrubjaysnest and others who might be interested,
As to Rise verses TM Original Trailers. For discussion sake, I have not made a decision on which one yet. I'm waiting for information on the new Rise, such as all Spec's and Amenities of the Rise, also Weight and Price point are a deciding factor, and Whether I can fit it in my Carport.
With the TM I only have about a 5 inch clearance in height at the entrance of my carport. ( already did a test fit with a 2720)., so I know that will fit.
Since I won't be getting my TV until Early Summer or fall this year I can take my time to decide.
Another factor that I have to consider is the fact that my DW has had Parkinson's Disease for over 20 years and wouldn't be much help if any on setting it up, so everything would have to be done by me, and the new Rise would make that easier.
We had a Class A and it just became to much of a hassle for me to take care of alone not to mention the extra expense compared to a TM.
kikeehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

well sit down for a long story young man,
years ago we (dw and I ) where camper shopping , the dealer had a used hi-low on the lot and it was our first time seeing something like that,
so we got to doing some looking around on-line, that's when tm found us , after seeing what it had to offer, much less weight , more room, a lot less moving parts, we never even looked at a hi-low again, not saying anything against them , don't know ,
just feel the traditional tm was for us, as with any rv , they all have trade offs, the good and the bad, and believe me , we have had them all , a couple times each from pop-us, full self contained, hybrid,
and we have ended back at a tm each time ,
sorry for being so long winded, for those who know, that's a lot for me to say.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

"much less weight , more room, a lot less moving parts," was exactly why after looking at a Hi-Lo 27T and discovering TrailManor there was no question in my mind.

Looking at the RISE vs the "conventional" TMs makes it clear that for the same size, there will be less space. AFAIK no rises have been sold and there in no info under "specs" so do not know what the weight will be only that they only mention a 19' floorplan (probably 21' OA) and is more of an efficiency than a livingroom/bedroom plan.

Which brings us back to the original question of why not invest the money in a full power retractable for the senior line ? Seems like the inventory requirements would be much less. Can even think of a simple way to combine the front opening with a powered slide

perhaps I should mention that one of the things I designed in my years at GM was a single piston ladle for an aluminum die casting machine where previous ones needed three. Am good at linkages for precise motions of heavy objects.

Hard part is a 60" travel, easy with pistons on each side but a bit harder for one in the middle. Something is niggling about a single long screw like a good garage door opener mounted in the top center & opening both ends in sequence. That would require 120" of travel for both.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
kikeehn

Padgett,
From what I understand from talking to Cleo from TM, and Matt Thacker from Custom RV Sales in CA. The Rise will go as large as 24 ft. with no swing hitch available . The only thing as far as spec's go, on TM's web site they do list the Standard Equip and Options, but that's it.
My decision isn't no where near made, I need to know a few more things that I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, before I make any kind of decision.
One of the unique things the Rise will use is a Queen size Murphy Bed and also the the choice of a King size.
Most important thing for me is Size, Weight, and most importantly the PRICE.
The purchase of my TV has been pushed back to mid summer early fall, because of lease duration of my current vehicle. So that's my story.
kikeehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

That whole "muphy bed" bit really makes me wonder what it is. A "Murphy" is a bed that folds into the wall to increase floor space & hide the bed an a small apartments.

Clearly the bed is not going to fold into the wall unless the RISE is rized which begs the question "When in the wall, what is the vacant space for ?"

Frankly a king or queen sofa bed would make more sense and since not on a slide, the weight does not matter as much.

Soooo, Why ? YWTK.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #9
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Padgett,

I can think of a reason someone would still prefer a rise vs a fully automated standard TM.....and that is an inability to climb up into the high bed in a regular TM.

As people age, their abilities change. With that often expectations change also. What one would never consider before, they will consider now.

I am anxious to see one, not because I am In The market for one, but to see just how much space they have or don't have. Also how much light, how much storage etc.

I have only seen one Hi Lo in person, and my thought was it was too dark and cramped. However that couple loved it. I can't imagine that the Eichoffs would have taken this step if they didn't have a pretty good idea that there is a market for it.

That being said, if you feel you can come up with ways to further automate the traditional models, contact them and offer your services. I am sure there would be quite a few folks interested in that.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Was just thinking about the high bed. In mine I have a two step folding stool that makes ascension easy (also makes deploying the awning easier). OTOH some may find the 42" headroom a challenge.

Is nothing new for me, my Vixen RV had the bed mounted over the engine and had a step for access. Of course when folded the wardrobe needs to go there & un the door to the storage locker is there so for me a folding two-step was the answer

Can think of a linkage to lower the bed but that would reduce the storage area (have actually been thinking about a down swinging "slide" in the rear to make a second bed or child's play area underneath - that waste space under the rear bed bothers me but would need a swing bumper. No Big.

More of a challenge would be a side slide to open the living area up. Hi-Lo had one (27T) but not a front swinging module like the TM. Might be a selling point for a RISE though.

ps I have the ideal day job and live in a warm, no-income-tax state. This is just one of my hobbies.