TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
saltbranch

Default Switch question on a 1996 2518

In front of the sink there are 2 switches, the one on the right is the water pump, whats the one on the left do? The P/O could not remember...so far we have not found what it does.
Thanks for any info.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
M&M Hokie

The left one on mine turns the water heater on.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
saltbranch

M&M is your WH an auto light? The way the P/O showed me, I had to manually light the WH.
I need to find a users manual, he did not have 1.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

If you are talking about the panel of LEDs, there are 3 switches on that panel in my TM. One is a momentary on/off switch that illuminates the LEDs to indicate status of the grey water tank, fresh water tank, and battery charge. Another switch is the water pump and the other is switches the cooling fan for the fridge on/off.

If you only have 2 switches, my guess is you don't have the cooling fan.

On a separate panel, I have a switch to ignite the gas water heater -- on older units, there is no automatic ignition; you must manually light it as you described, and in that case, you won't have that switch either.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
M&M Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltbranch View Post
M&M is your WH an auto light? The way the P/O showed me, I had to manually light the WH.
I need to find a users manual, he did not have 1.
Yes my water heater has the auto light feature.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'm thinking it's the refrigerator fan. My manual says that "Your TrailManor is equipped with a 12 volt exhaust fan to remove excess heat..." etc. so it sounds to me like that's standard equipment for a TM of a 96 or 97 vintage.

It should make a whirring noise (like a fan) when you turn it on, not too loud, but you should be able to hear it.

If you can't hear it, it may not be working. I can't imagine what else it would be. The only other thing that we would have on ours would be the indicator lights for the battery, fresh water tank and holding tank. We have the one panel array of switches; one of them is the water pump, one the refrigerator fan, and the other has the indicators. The 2518 models were a little more basic than some of the other sizes as far as bells & whistles. You probably have a 3 gallon Suburban water heater like we do, and you have to light it manually.

I can email you the pdf of the owners manual if you'd like, pm me and give me an email address that can handle a good-sized file. It's pretty basic, but I also have the manuals for the frig, stove, water heater, furnace, & toilet if you can't find them online.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
saltbranch

On my TM, right in front of the sink on the lower facing, not the sink in the BR, there are 2 switches...I'll get pic and post this weekend.
Does anyone know of a way to get a users manual for old TM's?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
If you are talking about the panel of LEDs, there are 3 switches on that panel in my TM. One is a momentary on/off switch that illuminates the LEDs to indicate status of the grey water tank, fresh water tank, and battery charge. Another switch is the water pump and the other is switches the cooling fan for the fridge on/off.

If you only have 2 switches, my guess is you don't have the cooling fan.

Dave
My guess would be that one is the W/P and the other is the cooling fan for the fridge (rear compartment). If it is the switch for the battery and tank levels, there will be 3 or four sets of 4 LED lights like the panel in the upper left of this pic:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
saltbranch

Mine does not have LED lights, just 2 switches. The fridge controls are at the bottom of the fridge door and are a dial to switch between elect,gas,12v
Old 05-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltbranch View Post
Mine does not have LED lights, just 2 switches. The fridge controls are at the bottom of the fridge door and are a dial to switch between elect,gas,12v
The fridge fan (and switch) is something that TM added. It isn't really "part" of the fridge. The fridge in my TM is a 2006 model but that has nothing to do with the fan.

On my 1998 TM, there is a fan located inside the fridge equipment compartment on the outside of the TM (behind the fridge). It's function is to help exhaust hot air from the condensing unit on hot days and/or when the roof is closed down. There is a switch on the panel, next to the w/p switch, that controls that fan. Your model may be different.

To see if that's what it is, have someone put their ear up to the outside fridge access panel and see if they hear a fan when you turn the switch on and off.