TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
Since we're approaching Fall weather when things get a little cooler, I thought I'd pass on this tip which may already be obvious to some but unknown to others:

DW detests getting into a cold bed so she sewed up a couple of cloth bags about 4" by 12" (made of flannel) and then filled them with feed corn purchased at the local animal feed store. I suppose you could just as easily use beans.

Just before we go to bed, she tosses them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to heat them up, then puts them in the bed to heat it up a bit. Since her feet tend to get cold, she pushes the bags down to the bottom of the bed and sticks her feet on them and goes right to sleep.
Since I never have shore power I can see using the microwave to heat up a bean bag or rice bag using my generator. Most of the replies are from people that always (or almost always) have shore power.

I have not used the TM in temperatures below freezing, so this is not a major issue for us. In cold weather, I keep the furnace at about 68 if we are up and about and at the lowest possible setting (about 55) overnight.

I have not noticed that the Travasak feels any colder than our bed at home, where I keep the furnace at the same temperatures as I do in the TM.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
Larry Gault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
Since we're approaching Fall weather when things get a little cooler, I thought I'd pass on this tip which may already be obvious to some but unknown to others:

DW detests getting into a cold bed so she sewed up a couple of cloth bags about 4" by 12" (made of flannel) and then filled them with feed corn purchased at the local animal feed store. I suppose you could just as easily use beans.

Just before we go to bed, she tosses them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to heat them up, then puts them in the bed to heat it up a bit. Since her feet tend to get cold, she pushes the bags down to the bottom of the bed and sticks her feet on them and goes right to sleep.
Just don't use pop corn.. LOL