TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Al-n-Sue

I am surprised as well since our 2003 came with clips on the back of the couch. But I've heard people talk about the rafter and crank being under the mattress. Maybe clips were broken or removed?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Our 2008 had them under mattress & when I looked on the back of the sofa there was never any clips there that I could see at least. This must be something that TM isn't consistent on installing.

Mark I showed wife the shower caddy & she said that was being done before our next trip.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
O2BOutside

Default Rear Storage Compartment Shelves

Well, I finally got some time to add some shelves to the rear storage area. Had a friend who is a lot more experienced than I am when it comes to dyi projects give me a hand. I am pleased with what we accomplished. The shelves are movable and sturdy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM_Cabinet (1).JPG
Views:	338
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	3741   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM_Cabinet (2).JPG
Views:	294
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	3742  
Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Thanks for sharing.....I love this idea.

GREAT!!!!! Now I have something else to do.....

I should've never shown this to DW.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
O2BOutside

I decided the shelves I built for the rear compartment needed just few enhancements to be perfect. First I added a front lip to hopefully keep things from falling out when I open the door. I also stapled some sturdy shelving material to prevent stuff from shifting around. Okay done with that project on to the next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelf.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelf1.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	3768  
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
Larry Gault

Quote:
Originally Posted by markndeb1970 View Post
Here are a few more mods that I have done...I keep forgetting that I have done them.
1) sewer hose carrier, made of 4" PVC drain pipe with holes so that the hose will dry, mounted under the TM, it frees up your bumper for carrying the stabalizer crank, your 30 AMP extension cord and other things.
2) installed a shelf in the rear storage compartment for double the room.
3) shower caddy cut down to fit in the corner of the bathroom on the countertop between the mirror and window, to hold all your toiletries while camping. You can pick up the caddy at WalMart for about $13.
4) brush type mudflap-rock guard mounted on the tow vehicle, cut down from a full size motorhome brush.... mounted to 1/8x1" aluminum angle, use exhaust clamps to mount to hitch, Chevy uses round tube. You can go all the way across if the spare tire allows enough room, Chevy doesn't. You can use square clamps ie. axle spring U-bolts easily made to order at a spring shop. With the extra left over brush I had enough to mount the rest on the TM.

Mark,
How did you attach the 4" PVC pipe under the TM. I'm planning to do that mod myself.
Thanks,
Larry
Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #17
markndeb1970

No, you have to T in after the amplifier.....works great.

[Posted in the wrong thread, perhaps? Mark, you can move it ... Bill]
Old 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
Larry Gault

Now I'm lost.. LOL
Old 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
markndeb1970

There has been some questions on the PVC sewer hose carrier, I used 4" drain tubing as for a septic field with 2 rows of holes down the length, use a PVC end cap and a screw cap, you will have to cut it to length to match the width of your TM. I used plumbers metal strap with all the holes in it and mounted the assemble up against the bottom of the frame. I used drill tip screws to mount the strap to the inside of the frame. You can mount this anywhere under the TM that has room. I have no ground clearance problems behind the tires. A word of caution...make sure that your sewer hose end fittings will fit through the screw cap end, I had to shave some material out of the inside of the cap fitting to allow my hose ends to fit through. I will post some pics......
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Larry Gault

Thanks again Mark