TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
larsdennert

Default Time to look at the seals

I think there has to be a better solution to the velcro seals. They are a bit of a pain. I know the new models have disks instead of strips on the walls which is better for holding them up but lifting them could be easier. The worst part is having to pull up the mattress to undo the seals.

How about magnets in the flaps and ferrus metal in the top rail so it just shuts like a refrigerator door? The slide is already metal and metal peice could be hidden under the plastic strip for the other distance. Since the magnets would be in the flaps, a second metal strip on the wall would hold them up. A more solid flap would lift the whole piece from one place instead of crawling around on hands and knees so much.

...can you roll up my sleeping bags too?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
lnussbau

If they go magnetic, you'd need to be sure to keep cassette tapes, VHS tapes and credit cards, among other things, away from those flaps. In any case, would magnets that are weak enough to pull more easily than the velcro be strong enough to do the job?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Scott O

There has been discussion about bad people potentially breaking into the TM by lifting the flaps. Seems far-fetched to me, but the velcro flaps are darn near impossible to push up from the outside, while some sort of magnet fix would be relatively easy. The velcro is sort of a pain sometimes, but it does work in the way intended. In our case, "if it's not broke, don't fix it!"
Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
larsdennert

Since the beds have to slide I guess top mount velcro is out of the question but on the bed portion it is possible. That would at least keep from having to lift the mattresses all the time.

Imagine if the flaps were on the outside of the trailer instead and automatically folded down when the inside shell was slid closed? That would be neat too.

Wait, inflatable closures that seal with the touch of a button! They could double as pool toys. Wait, wait an electric slide pool cover type mechanism...

You could put barbed wire, razor blades and an electric fence there to keep people out.

People thought I was stupid when I was a kid and suggested a solar powered flashlight. They have them now...