TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Default Do you store closed or expanded?

Dumb Question Probably I am buying a cover for my 2008 3023 soon & am trying to decide on buying one to fit it in the closed or expanded position. How do yall store yours? I have talked with Ed & he says it can be stored expanded also & shouldn't be an issue.

we have room to sore either way but are thinking we could just store it expanded that way we can get in it easily in the winter etc to do things or check for animals etc.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
nonichris

We also would like to buy a cover, and see that at many ADCO covers are on sale now at Camping World. Looking at some of the older posts it looks as though most people have purchased covers for closed TMs...are there any stock models that will fit on an open 3124KB model?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If I had the facilities (and I don't), I would store in the open position, for exactly the reasons you mention. There is a thread in the TMO Technical Library, aka Trail Manor Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else, that will help you choose a cover. Dimensions, and all that.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I store mine folded in the garage out of the rain and hot sun.

If I had room to store it open I would not have purchased a folding trailer.

I wash it once a year, whether it needs it or not.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Thanks Bill that helped allot I think I will buy a cover for storing open now I just need to measure.

We have the space for storage we bought the Trailmanor so we could use the Land Rover to haul, because we hate hotels/resorts, hard sided & also for fuel savings. As a matter of fact ours is stored open now because we are still doing things to it but we figure we need to get a cover it will not fit in garage.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
P and B

I store ours open during the season. Late November or so, when all the campgrounds close here, I winterize and store folded down. I cover with one of the addco covers for the duration.

Phil
Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We leave ours in the open position unless we're towing. We like to be able to go hang out in it sometimes, or to check on something, or just putter around in there.

When it's warm we open the windows and air it out. We have an ADCO cover that stays on it most of the time when we're at home. I've had to patch that cover a lot though...I've already gone through a whole long patch piece that I ordered extra from ADCO. There are a lot of points on the TM that wear out the cover from the wind blowing during the winter, even though I wrap the corners, etc. with styrofoam, bubble wrap, etc.

The cover is nice because it keeps it clean and sheltered from the sun.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
ng2951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If I had the facilities (and I don't), I would store in the open position, for exactly the reasons you mention. There is a thread in the TMO Technical Library, aka Trail Manor Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else...
I went and read the thread on sizing the cover. It seems that the thread suggests keeping the TM folded and sizing the cover for the folded dimensions.

So is the sense here that if you can store it open do. Nothing wrong with storing it closed, or open for that matter.

So I guessing if you are keeping it open, size the cover for open and maybe try to get a standard Tyvex cover (as oppose to custom).

Comments?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Well, yeah. You can store it open or closed, your choice. If you want to put a cover on it, the size of the cover will certainly depend on whether it is open or closed. The linked thread assumed it would be closed, but the basic sizing ideas are the same if it is open.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote