TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
harryde

Question Satellite TV Connection

I have the built in Road View TV along with the Mobile Video System DVD. I had Direct TV install their receiver. I cannot get the TV to accept the Direct TV signal. Any suggestions.
Harry de
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Digger

I read somewhere that you can’t use the cable TV wiring installed in the TM for satellite TV. Something about not letting voltage pass back through to the antenna. If you are hooked up to the cable jack in the TM, disconnect it and try running the coax directly from the receiver to the antenna. You can slip it right thru the flap.

Ed
Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
I read somewhere that you can’t use the cable TV wiring installed in the TM for satellite TV. Something about not letting voltage pass back through to the antenna. If you are hooked up to the cable jack in the TM, disconnect it and try running the coax directly from the receiver to the antenna. You can slip it right thru the flap.

Ed
Ed is correct, you can't use the coax jacks in your tmanor as factory configured for a satellite connection-------if it didn't come satelllite ready. (or at least I couldn't). Here was one discussion and solution to it.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ight=satellite

What I did was to replace my outside coax/telephone wall plate with a dual coax plate (I had no use for a telephone input as discussed in another forum when I put in a dvd player/radio/receiver). I then ran one more coax wire above my refrigerator and installed another inside jack for it. I now have a separate outside hookup for either cable or satellite, and use the corresponding inside jack for it.

I can post some pics of this setup if anyone is interested. It took about 10 minutes to do it.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Thanks once again for the great advice. We also had to bypass the TM coax for our satellite dish to work. We hang our television on the wardrobe anyway so running a coax up between the bed and the wardrobe and then behind the wardrobe works great.

Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Hey all,

Just a quick note. We decided to do the same thing Bobby did . . . A couple of things we found is that the original coax connector on the outside of the TM came apart with virtually no encouragement and the connectors inside the TM were not even close to finger tight. This may be from vibration but if I were having trouble with my television, I'd take a quick look at these.

Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote