TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
lnussbau

Default Setup Video

For those who've not yet had a chance to see a Trailmanor being set up or taken down, I've placed a couple of movies on my home page. If you go to Larry's Home, scroll down until you see the Trailmanor picture. Click on the link named Trailmanor Setup, and you can download a 42MB .wmv movie -- it's around 10 minutes, and shows both setup and take down.

For the curious, the other Trailmanor movie there was taken in the spring of 2007 at Lathrop State Park in southern Colorado, south of Pueblo (near Walsenburg). This was at the June rally last year of the Mile High Trailblazers. Be warned, though, it's a Hi Def .wmv movie, and is just over 500 MB in size, but runs about 42 minutes.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
BrigCA61

That's an excellent video Larry. I hope it gets put into this website's permanent section. One thing I did notice is that there was no mention of putting the flaps back up when you took it down (but that's a minor issue)... just thought I'd mention it in case you ever want to edit it and include that. Have never seen such a detailed video on set up and take down before. I'm sure it will help many folks who are thinking about buying or just purchased a TM. Well done! I enjoyed it too.

I want to add that I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Lathrop video also. You've really got this videoing thing down. Looks like such a relaxing place. I lived in the Denver area a few years back, but never visited this part of the state. I can't wait to get a chance to go back - really miss the high country beauty of the state.

-Brigitte
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Priceless. I second the suggestion of making a permanent link for prospective buyers. An all time top ten post.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
lnussbau

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I actually made that setup video for myself, a month or two after I got the TM, but with all the questions from new folks here, I thought it could be useful. It probably could use some work and some additions, but I'm not going to take the time for it at present -- perhaps someday.

The Lathrop video, though I made it partially for myself, was also something I made for distribution (in standard def, though available in HD-DVD) to others in the Mile High Trailblazers.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
larsdennert

I might recommend hosting it on Vimeo. You can host HD video and playback is very fast.

I have a fair amount of HD there if you want to browse.
http://www.vimeo.com/haveblue/albums
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It's a great video. I'd like to host it here on the TM forum, but can't find a way to do it. The forum tools seem to be geared toward relatively small still images (100 KB jpg, etc), and there is no provision for .wmv files. The size of the file would also be a problem. So it's back to you, Larry.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
lnussbau

I do still have the original project source for the setup video, so I can shrink it to 320x240 and reduce the video quality to get it down to about 16 MB, but I don't know how watchable that would be. And uploading to YouTube or Vimeo isn't something I wish to mess with, but I'll keep it on my web site for the foreseeable future.