TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
masterge

Default Extended Warranties

Think you need one for the TrailManor? I don't usually buy these things, but I'm thinking it might be worth it. Thoughts??

Also, if anyone has used and has some recommendations or web sites to review, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
grlewis1

Hi George
Since the Trailmanor has top of the line components, I feel comfortable in not purchasing this warranty. If we had a Class A motorhome with all the motor and transmission issues, then I would probably buy the extended protection. I have had my Trailmanor for over a year, and have had no major component breakdown. The biggest issue with Trailmanors is checking for loose screws and bolts. With all the vibration going on each time I travel, this is the biggest concern. Any other issue can be solved by reading this forum and getting help from all the fine people who read these postings.... Happy Trails and enjoy your TM....
Old 09-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
camp2canoe

Default Extended warranty

Ditto. This is the second year for our 2619 and we haven't visited our dealer since the date of purchase. Also, as a lawyer I haven't been impressed with (non factory) extended warranties. Caveat emptor! - Camp2Canoe
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I did not purchase an extended waranty for our (then) new 2005 TM 2720.

In 14 trips, over 4700 miles in 18 months I had some minor waranty work performed during the first year.

I also had the cracked frame problem within the first year. But that is a somewhat unusual situation.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
biznaga

So, how long is the basic factory waranty on Trailmanors?

My Jayco popup had 2 years. Needed it once.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznaga View Post
So, how long is the basic factory waranty on Trailmanors?
From http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Misc/Info&FAQ/FAQ.htm
Q: What kind of warranty do I get with TrailManor?
A: You actually get several warranties with a TrailManor. TrailManor offers a limited lifetime warranty on our torsion bar lift mechanism springs. You also get a limited warranty on all components for one year from purchase. TrailManor will repair or replace any component that has a defect in parts or workmanship during that time. All appliances are covered by individual warranties from their respective manufacturers, which means that if you do have a problem, you can get it serviced easily at a local appliance service center. And tires are also protected through the tire manufacturer's warranty. All warranties are provided as part of your owner's information
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote