TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
MaryLou

Question Differences between '02/'03 and '04/'05 models (2720SD/SL)?

We are currently looking for a used 2720SD or 2720SL. We've seen the 2004 and 2005 models. Are there many differences (design - etc) in the 2002 and 2003 (other then age)?
Thanks for any help
Old 03-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

The major difference between the 2002 and 2003 models is the re-design of the upper shells. 2002 models had a metal trim strip with a plastic insert along all the external edges. 2003 and up have a molded plastic trim on the same edges.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #3

The storage bumper was new on the 2004 TMs.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
PopBeavers

My 2005 2720 has a storage compartment in the rear bumper that I use to store sewer hoses and fittings. The power cord is also back there. I can access it all with the TM closed up.

This storage is in 3 sections. Two small ones outside the frame and a lone centered one between the frame. A single plastic cover goes all the way across.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

I believe the wheel well was redesigned starting in 2005 from a square void to a rounded and reinforced void. This supposedly/hopefully will minimize the damage to the TM in the event a tire blows and and shreds.

In 2006 the pivot points for the arms went to rivet like pins vice acorn nuts.

I am not sure what was the first year that the A/c moved from under the counter by the stove to the roof top but I think it was around 2000 and that was a significant change.

I believe in 2004 the 2720SL and SD had the propane bottles mounted horizontally in the trailer frame which removed the need for a cutout to be notched in the front of the slide for to fit around the bottles. This results in more stowage space under the couch on the SL. I am not sure how it affected the SD but I am pretty sure the notch intruded into the living space somewhat but no longer in the later models.

2004 also I believe saw the addition of the outside light on the street side to make hook up easier in the dark.

2005 saw the introduction of a second curbside outside light by the front corner.

Somewhere in that time period the spare tire moved from being mounted on the rear shell to underneath the fram forward of the door. It may have happened with the bumper change. Again I am not sure of the exact year the change occured only that it has at some point. I am sure iothers will be able to fill in or correct my estimates.

Other changes that occured that I am not sure of the year on:

Rock Guards over the front and rear windows ___________

U shaped metal to step in to close shell was widen and was welded vice bolted in place (2004 or 2005 I think)

Move towards more florescent lighting from the original ones. (2004?)

Swing Hitch first offered ___________

Forward vanity lights changed from fixtures mounted on the wall to same type as those in the vent frames mounted up underneath the forward cabinet ____________

I believe I recall Bill posting that the converter was changed from a 2 stage to a 3 stage version in 2004 or 2005

interior color schemes available differed over the years

year phone jacks first added ___________

year that TV antenna first became standard equipment ____________

year 15" wheels first offered on _________ and larger models _________

That is all I can think of for now but I am sure there are others that can fill in my blanks and add more.

Bill