TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2022, 09:15 PM   #11
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
I get that a button would be cheaper.... But there are several at HD for less than $80.00
Why do that? This thing works and still looks new. And it's NOT just a micro... try finding a mini toaster /microoven for the same price. Nah I am not a part ofnthe throw away generation. My TM is 16 YO and fix it myself... my car is 15 and fix that too and probably works better than yours.
Now, I am all for updating. Just purchased the recpro cooktop for the TM. But the Micro works nicely...well except for the defrost. I will figure it out.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #12
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Have you tried using the Sharp unit as anything other than a microwave? It’s not a great piece of equipment. Using it as an oven takes 2x as long to cook anything compared to a regular oven which makes no sense if it’s actually holding an assigned temperature. I want to remove mine and replace with an actual oven to make biscuits, croissants, cookies, etc and then keep a countertop microwave in the TM as well.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:31 AM   #13
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Have you tried using the Sharp unit as anything other than a microwave? It’s not a great piece of equipment. Using it as an oven takes 2x as long to cook anything compared to a regular oven which makes no sense if it’s actually holding an assigned temperature. I want to remove mine and replace with an actual oven to make biscuits, croissants, cookies, etc and then keep a countertop microwave in the TM as well.
There is the diffedance. You like an oven better. I don't. I much prefer a micro to be honest. I rarely do any baking. I read alot of posts here on the board that take out thier ovens and swap with a micro. I have on occation used it as a toaster oven and it works great for its size...
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #14
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post
Why do that? This thing works and still looks new. And it's NOT just a micro... try finding a mini toaster /microoven for the same price. Nah I am not a part ofnthe throw away generation. My TM is 16 YO and fix it myself... my car is 15 and fix that too and probably works better than yours.
Now, I am all for updating. Just purchased the recpro cooktop for the TM. But the Micro works nicely...well except for the defrost. I will figure it out.
I meant no ill will... And I thought because of it's age it was giving you other probs as well... My bad.

I fix most things myself as well... And my truck runs great and gets 22/23 MPG!

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Kory
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote