TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
klv5920

Just got back from a 1000 mile trip to Michigan, 2004 Ford Explorer towing a 3023.
Explorer clicked right along like a race horse, didn't skip a beat, TM pulled beautifully!
No worries!!
Got 16.5 mpg on the interstate.

Karen
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
Northwoods
Site Sponsor

Default Dents

We just had major dents after a severe hail storm in our area. Same storm cause insurance co. to completly replace the hood and roof on our son's brand new Honda sedan. Drove 900 miles to NC and then it rained real hard whilte there. No leaks. Sounds like it could be the answer to your dreams. We got 15 mpg with our Chevy Tahoe. Good luck! Olga, Northwoods
Northwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
CeeWoo

First-let me say thank you to everyone who has replied. I can see this is a great group...Of course-I've found the vast majority of RVers/campers to be my kind of people

Just got back from seeing the trailer folded in (as if to travel) and got a good look at the top. Dented as if it were parked in a golf course---but I really don't think there's any problem with leaks. It rained pretty good last night so that gave me a way to check as well

Also, the seller is willing to carry his own paper. One of his businesses buys/sells 'budget' cars. Told me that since he doesn't think I'm a junkie (as many of his car buyers are) he won't charge me what he charges them (upon pressing-he said he charges the crackhead 30% YIKES). Anyhow, he told me-half down, 0% interest. Figuring in licensing & sales tax I'm gonna guess the total is about $6000. I told him I'd be in touch Monday for another total walk thru (setting it up and actually testing EVERY appliance-previously I took his word on a couple, such as the fridge). And if everything test fine I'll probably sign papers (BTW-I told him that part of the agreement would have to be that the deal is off and any money would be refunded if I can't get it licensed here)

Only bad part seems to be that a couple months ago my HiLo died and I bought an OLD popup in pretty good shape (considering it's age) and paid cash. We've used it twice-ANYONE WANNA BUY A USED POPUP lol
Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Redhawk

I'm sure you know...but the fridge can take 6-8 hours before it starts cooling down. If they can fire it the night before, it will save you time.

Good luck with your adventure and the pop ups sell pretty fast, at least around here.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
CeeWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
I'm sure you know...but the fridge can take 6-8 hours before it starts cooling down. If they can fire it the night before, it will save you time.

Good luck with your adventure and the pop ups sell pretty fast, at least around here.
Yep, I figure I'll go down early & set up and check it early evening to make sure it works

I know you all are more than familiar with TM's but here's a quick link to some photos we took this morning
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/583010439wtrsgl
Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Looks like it is in good condition. Check everything out.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I'd agree with the above, your TV should be fine, and that sounds like a nice deal.

There have been threads in the past about salvage titles, you may want to do a search and see if others have been in your situation (I'm fairly certain there has been at least one other thread on this) and what they're solution/resolution was.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #28
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

CeeWoo - I signed the paperwork on our 2417, then put our 1986 Jayco popup on Craig's List. Sold it for cash in 3 days. I got almost twice what I paid for it 8 years ago.

So, put your popup on Craig's List, and you may get a nice pile of cash to put towards the TM.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #29
CeeWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
CeeWoo - I signed the paperwork on our 2417, then put our 1986 Jayco popup on Craig's List. Sold it for cash in 3 days. I got almost twice what I paid for it 8 years ago.

So, put your popup on Craig's List, and you may get a nice pile of cash to put towards the TM.

Good luck!
Yep-I actually bought it off Craigs List. Thanks for the reminder.
I should be out doing another walk thru (and checking each & everything possible). As part of that I'll fire up the fridge---and check it about 5 or 6 hrs later

We have vacation time starting Wednesday and lasting 12 total days. With any luck it may be in a brand new Trailmanor (at least brand new to us). That should be a pretty good breaking in run if it happens
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #30
CeeWoo

Wellllll-just got back. The owner set it up first thing this morning and hooked up to 110 and turned on the fridge. It had cooled BUT I wanted to make sure it would cool on propane so I turned it off and restarted off of propane. needle gage went over to where I know it was working (at least of sorts)

I tested each & every appliance and outlet. The over came on fine, but when we turned it off, a flame BEHIND the pilot continued to burn. Couldn't actually see where it was from (it was like all the way back and below the bottom of the oven). I'm gonna assume there is a propane leak somewhere in the oven right now. Does this sound correct you you guys?

Other than than one item, everything seems fine (including the awning). We settled on our buying it & I'll have the range/oven checked out before we use them. In fact-I'm wondering if I should use the onboard propane systems at all before we ever use them.

Oh-also one tire showed pretty bad wear-that's being repaired today

Paperwork & money transfers are happening as I type. I should have it here at the house in a few hours. I've gotta go pickup a taller ball hitch riser for today (and the immediate future).

We'll spend time tomorrow packing & off camping Wednesday afternoon, to a place only about 10 miles from our house. Upon our return, we'll be getting a equalizer hitch
We're quite literally HAPPY CAMPERS