TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
FotoCEO

Default Replacing Cabinet Hardware?

I know it is really minor, but I just can't stand the fake brass handles on the cabinets and drawers. I got some replacements, but the originals aren't screwed on from the back like they would be in a house.

I'm wondering if anyone has removed them. If so, do they pop off somehow? I tried prying one off, but didn't want to ruin the cabinet in the process.

I was thinking this would be such an easy way to update the interior - just a couple of screws out and couple in and boom! But no...
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
jhill30

see link below for someone who has done it. I don't recall, but I thought they just unscrewed from the back just like you did.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...binet+hardware
Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
kenngeri2720

Joni,

If I remember correctly you must remove the plastic draw body from the wood drawer face and you will see the screws.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
FotoCEO

Oh my goodness, do I feel stupid! They do screw on from the back - the screws were covered with felt pads - they were just closer together than I was expecting and totally covered the screws!

For the drawers, it isn't as simple as just screwing off the fronts, as they seem to be glued on as well.

Back to the store for different sized handles. For anyone else who is thinking of doing this, the TM cabinet handles are 3" handles (from screw to screw).