TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
larsdennert

Not to echo others too much but our 2720 has storage next to the furnace under the dinette. We put heavy blankets and pillows there. No space on the TM is wasted without a useful purpose. The space under the Queen/King is great!! I'm really glad I got the 2720 over the 2619. It's no more to tow and has a bigger bed with the storage. I keep three chairs on the lower shelf with space to spare. I've stuffed a large 4 person tent on the upper shelf (for my sister in law to use on a trip) It's really deep and there's more space I don't use. On the outside compartment I keep a BBQ, propane bottles, a bucket, fresh water hose and fire wood. There's space left over... I installed a battery stick light in there as there's no light.

The electric hitch says 2500lbs capacity I think. Sounds optimistic but it lifts the tongue no problemo. I don't use my swing hitch or a wdh. The swing hitch is a nuissance for me. Adds weight and sometimes provides a poor ground loop for the jack. Keep that in mind if your jack magically stops and the fuse is still good. Just jiggle the tongue.

I prefer the propane oven instead of a micro because I dry camp a lot. I'd have to run the generator all the time. Target, WalMart, Sears all have cheap micro's for $100 I could mount in the lower cabinet should I get the urge.

Yea the hanging cabinets are for light stuff and I strap them to the floor in transit. The wardrobe is used for hanging and stacking stuff. Works better than I thought it would but I ran some longer thicker screws into the track. If I stacked more I'd put in shelves with tupperware. The slide out drawers/dresser have weak hardware and I've had to run heavier screws through them. The previous owner was hard on them too.

The AC cooled our TM to any temp we wanted during a trip to UT and it was 110F outside. I couldn't have slept at night when it was only 95F outside without it.

The space is great though we've started to take all sorts of ridiculous things to fill it. I'm used to 10 day trips to Baja with just what would fit in the back of the 4Runner. Now we take the whole house. Granted we have two little ones now too.