TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2004, 04:37 AM   #1
live2shopnc

Default Axle rating

As my 2720sd has not even been started yet, does anyone know of a reason the axle,wheels, and tires from a 3023 couldn't be put under it? That seems to be the why the 3023 has a higher pay-load rating.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Axle rating

The bigger tires might not fit in the wheel well, BUT if you also ordered a lift kit (which raises the body 2" above the axle), it might all come together. Or the floor opening for the wheel wells might have to be enlarged as bit. Or both. Call the factory and ask - and please let us know the result. This has been the subject of speculation here for quite a while.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:26 PM   #3
live2shopnc

I talked with Ed at TM today. After talking with an enginer he said it is now possible to get the 5200 lb. axle on the 2720.(5200 lb. axle has the 15 inch tires). I will have to request the change through my dealer and he will give me the price. My dealer is closed today, so I will call tomorrow. I will let yall know the price when I get it.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Yahoo! This will be a great addition, and end a lot of speculation and discussion (and inadvertent overloading). True, it will increase the weight of the trailer a hundred pounds or so, which TM hates to do - but that's peanuts compared to the overall weight fo the rig, or the capabilities required in a tow vehicle.

Fer sure, my next TM will have it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
live2shopnc

My dealer called today with the price for changing to the 5200lb. axle. $460.00. Not a great price but I told him to order it.