TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
azroadrunner

Default How to troubleshoot.

We seem to have a lot of questions and frantic pleas for help regarding problems that come up during the use of our TMs. When this happens, the person with the problem generally does not fully describe the problem. It's just, "HELP, My _____ broke." It might encourage others to more fully describe their problem and work to solve it if we had a section on troubleshooting. Here, in the calm, can be resources for techniques for troubleshooting, tools that help define the problem and the importance of fully describing the problem so others, with no insight as to the conditions, can more easily picture the problem and use their experience and expertise to help solve it.

Although I generally am quite adept at troubleshooting, I found myself in the condition I describe above when I called for help finding the switch that turns off the power to the upper rear shell. When I looked back on that experience was when I came up with this idea. Having a resource pool of info gives one the ability to work out their problem without waiting for the results of a plea for help. This is not to diminish the need for or benefit of a plea for help. It works beautifully here on this board and the members are to be congratulated for their generous help and assistance without diminishing the person asking for help.

What do you think?

Jim