TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
gerrym51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
I'm in a state of shock---shock I tell you. You seemed to always be the person who really knew how to use a TM and what it could do. Do you mind telling what caused you to switch to a class C?

i asked him this question under the solera heading at forestriverforums.

he said in the last year his wife has had 2 knees replaced and has difficulty with entering the trailmanor and getting in and out of the bed.

the solera 24r has a rear bed slide with walkaround on one side that she can use.

forest river does not have this model 24r on thei website. you could google solera 24r and see one at the dealers who have them
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
Redhawk

Welcome to the site Tim! Love the Redtail picture. Seems there's someone here that has experienced just about any problem or question you can come up with! Good Luck with the search.

Congrats on the new Forest River Wayne, I hope it works out well for you. Are you going to have to find new camp sites with more "tow in" clearance for the FR? We pretty much switched to the Elk for the same reasons.... hope you hang around.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i asked him this question under the solera heading at forestriverforums.

he said in the last year his wife has had 2 knees replaced and has difficulty with entering the trailmanor and getting in and out of the bed.

the solera 24r has a rear bed slide with walkaround on one side that she can use.

forest river does not have this model 24r on thei website. you could google solera 24r and see one at the dealers who have them
What he said...

Minor correction, the queen bed is walk around for about 3/4 of the length on BOTH sides.

Negatives are:

smaller fresh water tank capacity

more stairs to enter/exit the MH

reduced ground clearance

not 4wd

dual rear wheels

My TMO membership is paid up for another 2.8 years or so. I will be around occasionally.

I have been contacted by 5 former TMO members over on the Forest River forums. I am not the only one to switch.

But this is getting off topic now.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Bryan & I totally understand why you're switching over. I've always admired those older, small Toyota motorhomes (totally within our budget if we could find one in good shape). I get tired of hitching up the TM, driving such a long vehicle arrangement around, backing it up (DH is way better than I am) and have always wanted a bigger refrigerator and freezer. With gas prices the way they are, it's hard for us to justify taking the truck and trailer during summer when we can get by (and actually enjoy) taking the Prius and the tent, especially when we like to drive around at our destination and see the sights, plus we can fit into any campsite (except the hike and bike campsites).

Congrats on your new Solera! It looks like a beautiful RV, and I hope that you and Jan enjoy many trips in it!

Bryan says that he hopes that you will still come to some of the TM rallies, we may show up at one with the P & T (Prius & Tent) if it's not raining and still feel totally welcome. The TM owners we have met are great people & it's always fun to get together with them.

PS I'm still looking for that DVD of the dry-camping presentation that you did in Petaluma, I know it's around here somewhere.