TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
FightinIrish

Default Touch up paint on exterior shell

I have a small, maybe 2" x 2" bare spot on the rear shell. It apparently is rubbing on one of the light lenses on the front shell when closed and in transit. Has anyone had an spots where the shells have be worn down to the aluminum? Anyone touched up the paint so as not to have the bare aluminum out in the elements unprotected or am I overthinking this? I figured I could pop the one lense cover off and maybe put a towel on the shell at the location of the rub before we close it up. Somewhat simple fix.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
evans27292

yes it can be touched up . i use krylon white paint ,it matches perfect when i had my 07-3326 TM. now a owner of 08-jayco, eagle 322fks 34foot long with 2 slides w/ one slide a king size bedroom. pulled by 07 GMC 2500hd duramax averaging 16 mpg.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
FightinIrish

anyone else on this subject? Thanks evans
Old 02-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
ng2951

I haven't done this yet, but we were looking at one that was for sale that had that problem. The paint you need to use needs to bond with the metal. I would think that Krylon enamel would not be a good candidate for it.

Maybe you should try a auto repair shop and see how much they would charge to repair a small strip.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
evans27292

any time you spray paint over metal, you should take fine sandpaper and sand before you spray to bond .i done this on mine and didnt have any problems bonding.thats the same thing body shops do.