TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2003, 12:37 PM   #1
KB7OUR

Default Anyone find an interior paint match?

Has anyone found a paint match to touch up interior blemishes?  Ours is the light yellow kind of beige color.

Wade
Old 06-21-2003, 02:02 PM   #2
caremd99

Default Re: Anyone find an interior paint match?

The best way is to take a sample to the local paint shop and ask them to match it.  This is easy if you kept the wall samples that were in the TM when you took delivery.

Also my dealer was able to have the factory provide a spray can of it when I took delivery.  

Rollie Williams Paint
1179 Kent St
PO Box 1385
Elkhart IN 46515
+1 800 449 7768

Label reads....
HG-115
Col. White
AE No Lead
AP0502

Hope this helps!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #3
2619PDX

Wade:
Can't TM tell us what the paint match is? I'd think they'd be able to...
Perhaps a call to Jimmy David is in order?
Aren't all of them pretty much the same paint?

Gregg
Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 PM   #4
Happytrails

I simply use "herloom white", from my local ACE store. It's mainly for using on appliences and such, but if it's off, I can't tell anyway.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 11-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:Anyone find an interior paint match?

Just returned from for days in McAllen to prepare the TM for Christmas vacation. You may recall (or may not) that I bought a 1999 3326 in April. The interior paint was scrubbed down to the metal in the living area in an attempt to eliminate the black rub mark. I painted a strip one foot wide around the street side and then the roof, and also the complete wall on the door side. I used Dutch Boy interior satin, the color is called "Jack Cheese". I was able to purchase a quart at Wally World. I applied two coats of satin and have decided that it is a little flat and will do one coat of semi-gloss before heading out on vacation. I used a Rubbermaid 3" sponge roller and the whole event cost me about 20 minutes of my time. I masked off all of the Velcro, bolts, trim, etc. before starting. I wish I had taken pics of the before, you would not believe the difference.

I will take pics at Christmas and post them so you can see that their is absolutely no distinguishable difference in the color. I was so amazed that I used flashlights, all the interior lights, sunlight and it just looks great. Am I patting myself on the back here? ;D.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:53 AM   #6
2619PDX

Wow. Sounds good Chris.
So how did you prepare the aluminum skin surface? Did you prime first? Did you have to sand the surface?

Gregg
Old 11-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
Chris_Bauer

Gregg,

I didn't do any prep work as the roof rub mark was scrubbed down to the aluminum and the surrounding area down to the flat color surface. The wall probably could have used a primer but I didn't do it. It rolled on nice and easy and the real test is when we take it out on the road. I will update you then. For now, I am impressed with how great it looks :.