TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
cindycreekmore

Default Model 80 recirculating toilet

Okay, so the toilet went belly up........it was original to "the manor house", so 20 years is a pretty good run, in my opinion. the problem is I CANNOT AFFORD 600.00 for a new toilet..........does anyone know where I can get one that isn't going to require me to sell a kidney to afford???

Is there another recirculating toilet on the market that can be switched out for this model????
Old 04-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Cindy -

What part of the toilet went belly-up? A lot of things can be fixed.

If the upper housing cracked where the seat comes down on it, it can be welded by a plastics house - several of us have done it, and you can find the stories using the Search tool.

If the seal on the drain at the bottom of the toilet won't seal any more, a replacement seal kit is easy to come by. Again, use the Search tool.

If the pump no longer whirs, and you have confirmed that the switch and the toilet's internal fuse are good, then I am guessing that a replacement pump can be had, either from Thetford, one of our members here, or an RV Salvage outfit (there are many).

If the pump whirs, but delivers only a little water, then the delivery hose has come off, and is easily replaced. Again, the Search tool ...

Every once in a while (including recently), one of our members removes the toilet from his TM and offers it for sale. Watch the Parts for Sale Forum.

I don't know of another recirc toilet that can be substituted. Several of our members have substituted a cassette troilet, but it is no less expensive.

Good luck!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

PM me I have one for cheap! Freight may be prohibitive ?

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
davlin
TrailManor Master

There you go, Cindy.

I figure that based upon the number of folks on this forum that have swapped out their Electra-magic for a cassette, you should be able to get a "near new" one for pennies on the dollar!

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
AstroBruce

I replaced mine with a Porta-Potty.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBruce View Post
I replaced mine with a Porta-Potty.
That is an perfectly workable idea, even if only temporary until you can implement something else.

First consider Bill's suggestions though, to determine if your problem is something easily fixed. If the holding tank is not actually leaking, it could still serve temporarily by spraying some water around the bowl each time to flush.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote