TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
Beak12

Default Nurse

I am a traveling nurse and want to use an RV as a permanent residence for 13 week assignments. Since I am a single female, I am not sure that I would be able to maintain the rv and keep it in good working condition. I have read all the posts about toilets, leaking, fridge, and (the big one for me) security issues.

We lived in our RV's for over 5 years and problems can be a pain. And we did have our share. But I would look into an extended service plan (Ck Good Sam) and if your jobs will only be 13 weeks or so. Most things can wait till you get home. Don't know just where or what kind of Nursing you will be doing. But on a different web site there was a Nurse that did that and had not problems (safty wise) but I think she also showed dogs. Not having used my TM yet but played with it a few times. If your staying one place for 13 weeks if it take an extra 3/4 of a hour to set up and take down because you are doing it alone. No problem, I would think.

I know here in San Diego there must be 6-8 RV/Trailer parks within 5-8 miles of downtown and all would be as save as any middleclass neighborhood.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
retiredgoat

Default A little insight goes a long way!

Some one already said it "just rent one" if you look at your next assignment area I'm sure there are rentals (maybe a class "C" for starters) and campgrounds that will be in range of work and try it out. What do have to lose, give RVing a try it's fuuuuunnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #13
Bill & Lisa

When we had our TM, we had very few "factory problems" - We did do a ton of modifications, but that is just us. We have made as many, if not more modifications to our "Big Rig" as we did to our TM. We have had many more problems with the 5th wheel, Fireplace moter dying, window leaking, Decals ripped but put on the rig anyway hoping we wouldn't notice the break, electrical issues.

Your biggest challenge with a TM would be setting up and breaking down and that is not that tough. Staying in one place for up to 13 weeks, I think a TM would be a great choice for you.

Bill
Old 08-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
gatorsrvman

Default Undecided

Don't dispair, many of the forum people are pushing the envlope on their units. A repudable dealer can guide you. The ease of set up and take down is unmatched in the industrey. Because of the aluminun sandwich construction trail manors offer a high level of security. They have a residential deadbolt. RV parks and campsites are typically very secure. Just drive through and you'll see all kinds of things left out around trailers. I have never heard of a theft/ security problem at any of our local parks. Trail Manor owers never lack for an audience when setting up and taking down. Help is on hand!